Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i wonder if we could though around some idea's about a non profit bank account, for it's member's. donation will be set as a monthly or 1 payment per year for the total amount.
such as $25,$50,$100,$150 per year. whatever we agree upon.
and in return god forbid you need a serious item, not a 100 item. lets say a tranny, we can come up with a figure. anything costing our group 1000 & up.

the fund will pay that member for the fix. i bet we have enough members, that might want to get in on this. because if it cost's us 50 a year, and we got 2500 to join. we could have a good cause for it's memebrs. especially in these time's.

i wonder if this would work, & how many would love to join.

i belive this is a brother hood of toyota owner's & with this web site, if we had a non profit bank account for serious issue's. it could help our members out.

not sure how it would work, but book's would have to be kept. just to prove the member sent it. i belive this would be a great idea. if you are part of this , & you needed a tranny, it wouldn't cost you anything but your yearly dues, whatever we made it $50 a year. it would have to be paid yearly. everyone needed to pay at the same time.
and
your tranny would be paid for.

we would have a bank account, with check's that would be cut directly to the shop. not the member. of course proof would be needed.

but we have enough member's that we would never hopefully run out of money.

we would need to post it in every section or send a message to everyone that is a member.

it's most likely 1 check of if we made it $50 a year would be paid in full. instead of monthly dues . way to much paper work. either your in or not. and you would be paid in full & intitled to the payment to the shop/dealership, for the work.

if we set a specific amount needed, this could be a great idea. to help out our members.

do you think this is to hard to do, or something we wouldn't or couldn't do?
the owner of this site would have to approve it.

but it surely would be nice ,if you toyota broke down & we had cut your mechanic shop, a check for the work. sort of a cheap warrenty/guarentee of payment.
like i said as long as it's a big ticket item.

it just a idea, especially in these time's.
i thought about this when i read about the guy's tranny problems. what if he needs a new tranny. ouch! it's got to be a few grand to replace, with labor & parts.

what do you think? good idea or just a very bad idea.
since the web site has all our info, it might work.
i forget the total amount of members, but it would give you peace of mind, god forbid, you had a serious issue. blown engine, cat's, tranny, etc..
right now, it's just a idea, but i belive it could work.
i bet with all our extremely self proclaimed smart people here, they can help guide us, & show us how we can make this work, with very little work involved.
:confused::td::tu:
gorilla

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
While the intention is good, you are walking down a dangerous path of tax implications, possible fraud, and people getting hurt feelings if someone taps the piggy bank too much. I can't think of any possible way that this could actually work and keep everyone involved happy. Sorry :(

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Its not gonna work. There will be too many scams and fraud. Ok i pay the yearly fee, then a month later i come up with a bill from my buddy Joe the monkey hand mechanic that he did my tranny for $3500. If people duplicate CC, DL anyting a bill from the shop would be really easy to make. No real way to check legibility of the claim. There fore its not gonna work. Its like insurance - there have to bee people to investigate fraud do book keeping etc. Its full time business just to do that. The idea itself is nice and many would jump on it - its way cheaper that lets say Moggy or similar services, but again - levels of scam/fraud would be too high for this program to work and be viable.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o'll well it was a thought. all valid point's.
some people are just no good.
CLOSE THREAD!
thank's,
gorilla

1 - 4 of 4 Posts