Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe this is a bit nit-picky, but with almost every creature comfort know to man on my 2008 Sequoia Platinum, I was shocked to find out that it doesn't have rain sensing wipers. Not only that, but the intermittent position only has three different delay settings. I only got the Sequoia on Saturday, so still new to all of this. I was just surprised to find in comparison that my 2008 Mazdas (a Mazda3 and a Mazda5) both have rain sensing wipers, and they're 1/3rd the price. Don't get me wrong, the Sequoia is great, but I guess there's always room for improvement, eh? Do the newer ones (2009's/2010's) have it?
Toolman_Johnny

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
we have them on our mercedes and i hate them. if im driving...im lookin at the glass...if i see drops, i turn them on. simple. we get that weird bug or something else that lands right on the sensor and they swipe, usually making a mess of said bug. they are nice for when the rain is hard then light then hard then moderate etc..they self adjust their speed sure...but nothing i cant handle myself. i think we get too much crap on these things it takes away from the drivers responsibility and knowledge of how to operate things...not you...just in general.

only thing i see really lacking on that high end of a truck is HIDs and LED taillights. that should be a given.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree wholeheartedly about HID and LED tails. Also agree in principle about putting too many bell-whistles on these vehicles. However, I think it's too late for that, as we already have a few things that might be deemed completely unnecessary. Case and point; I'd gladly give up my headlight washer/squirters for rain sensing wipers. Oh well. No biggie. Cheers, Toolman_Johnny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts