Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost throttle a couple of times on my supercharged tundra and have brought it back by spraying contact cleaner on the two connector plugs that plug into the throttle body after pulling them apart. Looking for a more permanent fix, any ideas would be helpful, thanks !

· Registered
13 Posts
Clean the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) in the air intake, and clean the throttle body. Get spay cleaning fluids for both the MAS and the throttle body. Don't use other solvents to clean these. You can look up an U-tube video on how to perfoerm the cleaning.

· Registered
2001 Tundra 4WD Basketcase
192 Posts
I have lost throttle a couple of times on my supercharged tundra and have brought it back by spraying contact cleaner on the two connector plugs that plug into the throttle body after pulling them apart. Looking for a more permanent fix, any ideas would be helpful, thanks !
This sounds exactly like what happened with my truck a few years back. I would be driving along and all the sudden the truck would just start to slow down like I had let off the throttle. Intermittently it would not accelerate from a stop as well. I eventually traced it back to a bad accelerator position sensor on the throttle body.

The diagnostic I used was when it happened on the highway, to immediately engage cruise control and see if I could accelerate using the speed up switch on the steering wheel. That worked which told me it was the APS input to the throttle body. This only works at speeds above 20mph iirc so it doesnt help from a stop. The other thing you can try is to just vary the pedal position, sometimes that sensor can get a localized dead spot which will throw you off.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts