Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have noticed on my '07 5.7 that the cooling fan seems to engage all the time when starting from a stop (the engine is already warmed up but it runs after I stopped at a stoplight, stop sign, etc.) The problem (or annoyance I should say) is that the fan engages for a short amount of time then disengages at around 2500 rpm starting in 1st gear. It happens when the engine/coolant is cold, hot, when I have the A/C on, when I have the A/C off, Recirc on/off, warm outside, cold outside, pretty much all the time. The loud fan noise is a little annoying, but hardly a problem.

I posted this question in the '07 Forum and got limited answers, but they all tend to be the same answer; nobody else's seems to do this other than startup (no one has reported hot enough outside temps that it would run other than at startup).

Does anyone think I may have a faulty thermometer switch or fan clutch? I mean, if mine does it and no one else's does should even be concerned? is this an easy fix? Any suggestions? Should I just not worry about it? My 4Runner V8 didn't do this, so I'm a little concerned.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm in a Toyota Engine repair class atm, and we've just finished discussing the cooling systems.. Sounds to me like a faulty clutch. I'll ask my instructor tonight and see what he thinks.

Edit: Its probably just normal. Sometimes when the engine is cold, the silicon inside will make the clutch stick on cold starts. Nothing to worry about

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in a Toyota Engine repair class atm, and we've just finished discussing the cooling systems.. Sounds to me like a faulty clutch. I'll ask my instructor tonight and see what he thinks.

Edit: Its probably just normal. Sometimes when the engine is cold, the silicon inside will make the clutch stick on cold starts. Nothing to worry about

Thanks for the reply! It doesn't just happen on cold starts though, it happens all the time when starting in 1st gear from an idle...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ya I'd say thats normal. Big fan for that big *** motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts