Left Front + : Pink
Left Front - : Violet

Right Front + : Light green
Right Front - : Blue

Left Rear + : Black
Left Rear - : Yellow

Right Rear + : Red
Right Rear - : White

Im installing a line out converter for my subs amp....do I have a factory amp even though I dont have the JBL system? If so I guess Id need to tap off of the amp instead of the headunit. If thats the case, does anyone know the wire colors coming off of the NON-JBL amp?

Thanks for any help.....

EDIT:
OK so Ive done some searching and I dont think NON-JBL systems have a amp. Its hard searching because most threads Ive found only talk about JBL systems. So if I dont have a amp are the radio wire colors above correct?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
34 Posts
RCS, how did your install go? Im about to install my LOC, and found this helpful. what did you connect your remote wire from your amp to?

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
If you have separate tweeters in the doors on a non JBL system, you have a small amp.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RCS, how did your install go? Im about to install my LOC, and found this helpful. what did you connect your remote wire from your amp to?
Easy, took less than 5 mins to hook up the LOC to the stock radio.

You can connect the remote to any switched source. I had everything hooked up to the stock radio but I later swapped it out for a Kenwood and that had a dedicated remote wire.

If you have separate tweeters in the doors on a non JBL system, you have a small amp.
I didnt see any small amp and I have a non JBL with door tweeters. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depending which head unit was installed from the factory/dealer determines external amplifier model and placement. For the most part the primary amp is generally located in the dash cavity slightly below the head unit. If you get eye level with the A/C controls and look about 6 inches deep into the dash you'll see the OEM amp if one of the lower wattage Matsu****a, Fujitsu-Ten, Panasonic Corp., etc.

If you don't locate an amp there look under your passenger seat to see if one has been hard mounted to the seat frame. If it isn't there try looking under the RT rear seat. I've seen a few stuffed under the console even.

I'm in the process of installing the JBL Prem. 10 speaker system from an 07 Sequoia in my 00 Tundra. Big difference in the connectors. The wiring schemes are just about identical on a typical component level (speaker postitions, power and ground source points and color code, external amp turn on trigger, mute and beep, etc.) except the actual plug ends for the "digital" JBL systems (which after 2000 most OEM head units with internal amplifiers and units requiring external amp(s) are "technically" digital. The wiring schemes haven't changed as far as color coding but the "premium" branded audio heads only operate properly with a small group of OEM amps (example: 86120-0c030 Manufactured by: Fujitsu TEN dated: July 1999 will operate with 86280-0c010 plug and play & 86280-0c030 up to the 0c090 Manufactured by Matsu****a ONLY if controller 86230-34010*0 (where * is either B or E). But HU 86120-0c040 Manufactured by Matsu****a dated: Sept. 1999 operates with both amps plug and play without the AUX controller simply by dropping 2 circuits (the controller's ability to turn on or off the 2nd amp) and jumpering control trigger "on" to the primary amp control trigger and the amp's switched ACC ground.

I have pictures of the 1st generation head units configuration as well as the 02, 04, 06, 07 JBL and NON-JBL 6 Disc Changers. I bought 6 head units after reading that such and such head works with this and that B.S.....after tracking down the VIN of each vehicle the equipment originally came from I got lucky and found a patient Toyota Parts man that printed the options and diagrams for each vehicle I gave him a VIN for. Unfortunately replacement harnesses are expensive and Metra does not have the A,B,C plugs in the male and female config to enable newer OEM prem audio in an older truck such as mine.

Thank God for salvage yards, solder and heat shrink, and a kick ass parts man hooking me up with vehicle specific detailed schematics.

Sorry for such a long post. And no, I'm not 75 years old and lonely.....:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Buzzilla, thank for the info. DO you by any chance have the wiring diagrams for the stock Head Unit and Amp. I am looking for a 2000 Tundra 4.7. I know your is an old post, but just checking in case you are still on here. TIA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts