Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...my buddy went four wheeling with me in his stock 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram 2004-2006 model not sure which but around that year. However he flooded the truck out in a 3-4ft deep mudhole. He has since completely drained all the water, replaced the oil, and put everything back together.

We have been trying to figure out why it just "clicks" when trying to start so we tried to hand crank it using a ratchet on the bottom pulley. This works to a certain point then almost feels like it is binding. If you ratchet it as far as it can go then try to start the truck it will actually turn over a full rotation until its back to the bind point the other way and the engine just stops and "clicks" due to the starter not being able to turn the engine. Starter is good, oil is clean, battery is good. I am not very engine savvy myself just basic troubleshooting savvy but im thinking possibly a thrown rod or piston that has siezed?

If one of you could please chime in if you need more details feel free to ask. I am trying to help him figure this out and i know its not a tundra but was hoping the knowledgebase on here might be able to help us figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Re: Non Tundra Engine Issue

Did you pull the spark plugs before you turned the engine over? Sounds like a cylinder or two is hydro-locked. The damage may already have been done, but you can try pulling the plugs now and hopefully he didn't bend any connecting rods.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Re: Non Tundra Engine Issue

Did you pull the spark plugs before you turned the engine over? Sounds like a cylinder or two is hydro-locked. The damage may already have been done, but you can try pulling the plugs now and hopefully he didn't bend any connecting rods.
Read my mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts