Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me make this quick :D

I really dont know if this is a problem or it is normal and I really dont know when it happend.

While in S mode specifically in the 4th gear and I was speeding up, the RPM was increasing but when I shifted to the 5th gear( still accelerating/ steady throttle) there was a significant increase in the RPM and after a few seconds it shifts to the 5th.

So here is my concern, is this significant increase in the RPM normal or is there a problem?

Have a look at the videos

1.My feet is steady on the throttle..I dont increase the speed

temporary 1 - YouTube

2. I think I stepped on the gas

temporary 2 - YouTube

3. Nothings happend on high RPM....

temporary 3 - YouTube

It looks like it only happens on acceleration..

What do you think guys? problem?

THANKS GUYS :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
When you are in S-mode the numbers displayed on the dash are the top gear the trans will shift into. If you have it in 4th and start out from a stop it will shift through the gears and hold it in 4th. In the video it seems that your truck was down shifting to 3rd and then shifting into 4th.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you are in S-mode the numbers displayed on the dash are the top gear the trans will shift into. If you have it in 4th and start out from a stop it will shift through the gears and hold it in 4th. In the video it seems that your truck was down shifting to 3rd and then shifting into 4th.
First of, thank you for replying
Im sure its on the 4th gear because I was cursing between 65-75 mph at 4k RPM and I didn't increase the speed my feet was stable.
And why would it shift back to 3rd then 4th? and you can see the change happens when I shift to 5th gear
I disconnected the battery for a while maybe it had something to do with the ECU but theres no difference.
BTW it only happens in the S mode.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It could also be the torqueconverter locking up and unlocking.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It could also be the torqueconverter locking up and unlocking.
I agree with teallin. My rpms will go up and down while in the same gear due to locking and unlocking of the torque converter. Normal.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im back with the final results :D
I tried the same thing in a luxes LX 570 which has the same enigen and transmission as the tundra and got the exact same increase in the RPM :first:.

Anyway, thank you all again and you may delete the thread since the issue is normal ^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts