Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called a local NC toyota dealer, im looking for a '10 tundra. one of them told me they are doing 3k off invoice. how the hell is that possible? the 0% or 1.9% rates don't apply to me, best i can get is thru our credit union and was approved for 5% for 60 mos. just don't get how this dealer is doing this? is there some kind of crazy money that a NC dealer might be getting? he told me i could take the "dealer cash" or the special finance rate.

anyone heard of this "dealer cash" deal? thought that 1k loyalty thing ended last month.

was quoted on a TRD 4x4 Dbl cab

MSRP $36,868
Inv $33,766
-3000k off inv "dealer cash"
+450 doc fee
+3% tax
+40 tag transfer

is this a pipe dream to get me in the door? i have an suv im trading in $17k and i owe 21k on which im putting 2k down to cover half the neg equity. this has all been done over email.

bottom line is the BS?

thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
before i look like a tard i am going to the dealer in the morn to verify all this in person, let them check the trade, etc. will pm you if this is all on the up and up.

this is what he told me tonite, had him run number on a couple of different trucks. here is what he gave me on a 4x4 dbl cab, super white. with the texas factory closing there are not a lot of choices out there. its either white or slate met.

MSRP $36,868 Inv $33,766

3000 off the invoice price = $30766

minus my trade $17000 = $13766

x 3% NC HUT tax = $412.98

+ 469 doc
+ 88 for title/tag

= $14735.98

i owe a little bit on my trade, think 15 day payoff is right at 22000. going to roll 2 into the truck and put down 3k for the rest so im not rolling all the negative into the tundra. but still, that's freaking insane. almost 17000$ for a new tundra? on the flip side i guess with all the sales the depreciation will be a b....

and get this crap, while we were talking he told me they are doing $4000 off 4x2 crew max trucks???? said TMMI doesn't want what happened in 07/08 with gas going crazy (why the spouse made me sell my 07) they don't want thousands of trucks sitting on dealers lots for months so they are just stopping production, doing what they need to with the pedal assembly and will restart when they need too.

i still don't get how the hell this dealer is doing this when other dealers are only doing the APR special, anyone?

will update when i know more.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Not really that inconceivable...I am looking at the 0% plus buying the truck (MSRP of ~$50,000) for $44,168.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he is off tomorrow so im going up wed in the pm. hope he isn't full of it, im an hour away from this guy. if he wastes my time my mazda trade might have a toyota fake acceleration problem lol. he seems legit, he called me four times thur the afternoon. having an issue finding what i want and he has his dealer trades guy calling around and getting back to me in the morn. says he found me a dbl cab and a crew max. said the 4k off on the crew max's is good thru 4/5 as well as the 3k off the 4x4 dbl cab's.

side note, the local ford dealer i went to looking at F250 diesel called me today to find out why im looking at tundras. he then told me how toyota is going out of business, about all the class action lawsuits and people are suing toyota for racketeering. i was like wtf, this is how you sell trucks? next i was waiting for him to tell me how whitey bulger was involved. this dude was some kind of tool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes this is correct. I am friends with a GM @ a Toyota dealer. I am looking at a couple in Pensacola, Alabama area. The Dealers have $3,000 dealer cash on Dbl Cabs and $4000 on Crew Max. Meaning they can sell them that much less than invoice. They are also offering first 2 years of service FREE for current Toyota owners!! Great Deal. Good Luck

·
Registered
754 Posts
4k???? wow....for crewmax
Yes this is correct. I am friends with a GM @ a Toyota dealer. I am looking at a couple in Pensacola, Alabama area. The Dealers have $3,000 dealer cash on Dbl Cabs and $4000 on Crew Max. Meaning they can sell them that much less than invoice. They are also offering first 2 years of service FREE for current Toyota owners!! Great Deal. Good Luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
MSRP $36,868 Inv $33,766
3000 off the invoice price = $30766
minus my trade $17000 = $13766
x 3% NC HUT tax = $412.98
+ 469 doc
+ 88 for title/tag
= $14735.98

i owe a little bit on my trade, think 15 day payoff is right at 22000. going to roll 2 into the truck and put down 3k for the rest so im not rolling all the negative into the tundra. but still, that's freaking insane. almost 17000$ for a new tundra?
I just looked at your math. You have it wrong I think. Unless you're not planning on paying off your SUV right now, you cant subtract the 17000 you're getting for your trade in. Because you arent getting that towards your new purchase, you're putting it towards your old payment (or you can say you are getting that towards your new purchase and you're rolling your old loan to the new financing. its just semantics)

so if you're only putting down $3,000, instead of subtracting $17,000, you'd have to add $2,000 to the invoice price (bringing it to $32,766) and you'd be financing a total of $34,306.

The thing that got me thinking was how could you currently owe 22k, only be putting down $3k and walking home with a $37k truck while only financing $15k

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked at your math. You have it wrong I think...
that was from an email the guy sent me, it was late and i was headed out after that post i didnt really pay attention to it. he sent me one back the next morn correcting himself. oh and i found out my payoff is 25900. friggin great huh? i thought my wife and i were on the same page. she set up auto bill pay and it just takes it out each month, no hassle right? she was supposed to set it up for two payments a month and never did so the other payment amount has just been sitting in our credit union account we set up when we got CU financing for the suv. good news is there is 10k sitting in that account that most gets to go to payoff. so no out of pocket on negative equity.

so they will give me 17000, im writing them a check for 8900 and the 25900 will be done and gone. the sales guy sent me new info on a 4x4 dbl cab and a 4x2 crew max and i have no clue which one to get now....

extra people room/TRD/short bed/no 4x4 VS 4x4/TRD/bigger bed - they can get a 4x4 CM SR5 but i think it will be more than im willing to budget. he told me that the are doing the 4k off inv on the 4x2 CM but he would have to see if they could do it on the 4x4 CM.

im going to try to get up there hungover tomorrow in the pm (st paddys) and get the rate nailed down.

·
Registered
754 Posts
good deal dude....get whatever suits you though in all honesty I like 4x4 at least on a truck I think others tend to agree unless you plan to race or something get the 4x2.
that was from an email the guy sent me, it was late and i was headed out after that post i didnt really pay attention to it. he sent me one back the next morn correcting himself. oh and i found out my payoff is 25900. friggin great huh? i thought my wife and i were on the same page. she set up auto bill pay and it just takes it out each month, no hassle right? she was supposed to set it up for two payments a month and never did so the other payment amount has just been sitting in our credit union account we set up when we got CU financing for the suv. good news is there is 10k sitting in that account that most gets to go to payoff. so no out of pocket on negative equity.

so they will give me 17000, im writing them a check for 8900 and the 25900 will be done and gone. the sales guy sent me new info on a 4x4 dbl cab and a 4x2 crew max and i have no clue which one to get now....

extra people room/TRD/short bed/no 4x4 VS 4x4/TRD/bigger bed - they can get a 4x4 CM SR5 but i think it will be more than im willing to budget. he told me that the are doing the 4k off inv on the 4x2 CM but he would have to see if they could do it on the 4x4 CM.

im going to try to get up there hungover tomorrow in the pm (st paddys) and get the rate nailed down.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no racing, heavy foot when the wife isn't with me lol. but nah, hell i gave up trying to find anything non ff if i did get funding for a sc one day. i guess if toyo decides to mod the one they had they will. will just be hauling me and wife to wv, md, pa to snowboard so 4x4 might be needed, rare probably cause we live 5 hrs from the mtns so if weather sucks we wouldn't go to get stuck and spend the nite in a tunnel lol.

talked a few times today on and off by phone. here is the break down he has given me:

3000 off 4x4 db cab
3000 off 4x4 cm
4000 off 4x2 cm

the 4x4 dbl cab 32k w/ doc, ttl (color choice is white or black -TRD, power sliding rear window, cold pkg, pwr mirrors, deck rail, ev stereo, etc) --- nicely equipped i think

the 4x2 cm is 30k w/ doc, ttl (only choice is white - TRD, cold, mats, buckets/driver pwr,evat stereo, etc, NO 4x4) --- nice equip wise

the 4x4 cm he said came in @ $31687 w/ doc, ttl (non sr5, nonTRD, tow pkg only, mudguards, crapalicious steel wheels, crap dzat stereo) --- guess its a clean slate for stereo, small lift, better wheels/tires. its black so its a beyotch to keep clean, only color

i have never understood a TRD 4x2 but im someone that wouldn't lift a 4x2 as well. the wife doesn't care, she just wants my to clean our backyard out which is full of junk wood, dirt etc and for lowes trips for projects, etc.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Now I feel riped. Here in ky they are only offering 1k and 60 months 0%. No real incentive there at all. :( Well not riped, they are all nice people here, but, there are no bargains to be had here it would seem. We are not in the 3k area for discounts. :(

O well, perhaps I can goto a dealer in florida or alabama and get a deal? Please keep me posted here as to what dealers are offering 3 and 4k off diffrent models. I would prefer a deal on a 2010 other than 1k. :( I already have the 0%.

thanks for the thread

chucky

·
Registered
754 Posts
finding a non flex fuel state is hard, but hafter months of search I know for fact kansas, washington, okie, oregon and montana, and lastly virgina are the ones that I know that dont carry flex fuel at all with 4x4 models. I ended up with putting a down payment to a dealer in indiana he could custom build me with no flex fuel even though he has a flex fuel state. Those prices are good with the TRD package you have usually they are about 35k to 39k a stripped down version tundra with the trd package.
no racing, heavy foot when the wife isn't with me lol. but nah, hell i gave up trying to find anything non ff if i did get funding for a sc one day. i guess if toyo decides to mod the one they had they will. will just be hauling me and wife to wv, md, pa to snowboard so 4x4 might be needed, rare probably cause we live 5 hrs from the mtns so if weather sucks we wouldn't go to get stuck and spend the nite in a tunnel lol. I would go for the first options if its just you and your wife the DB has lots of room and if you get the CM its a limo setup back there. :D

talked a few times today on and off by phone. here is the break down he has given me:

3000 off 4x4 db cab
3000 off 4x4 cm
4000 off 4x2 cm

the 4x4 dbl cab 32k w/ doc, ttl (color choice is white or black -TRD, power sliding rear window, cold pkg, pwr mirrors, deck rail, ev stereo, etc) --- nicely equipped i think

the 4x2 cm is 30k w/ doc, ttl (only choice is white - TRD, cold, mats, buckets/driver pwr,evat stereo, etc, NO 4x4) --- nice equip wise

the 4x4 cm he said came in @ $31687 w/ doc, ttl (non sr5, nonTRD, tow pkg only, mudguards, crapalicious steel wheels, crap dzat stereo) --- guess its a clean slate for stereo, small lift, better wheels/tires. its black so its a beyotch to keep clean, only color

i have never understood a TRD 4x2 but im someone that wouldn't lift a 4x2 as well. the wife doesn't care, she just wants my to clean our backyard out which is full of junk wood, dirt etc and for lowes trips for projects, etc.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That MSRP is Hyper inflated SO BE CAREFUL!!

I was at the dealer today to pick up an oil filter and laughing at the sticker prices.

Salesman said "WE don't drop prices much to keep your resale value up".

If I was in a bad mood I would have ripped him a new one over the $1500 blue book we all lost with this accelerator recall B.S. And TOYOTA name will not get you higher price for your used like it used to for quite a few years. My wife was with me and she was surprised I did not open up a can on this goof!
:cool:

He was Saying 0% for 60 months or 3,000 for double or 4,000 for CREWMAX.
I got the 4,000 off sticker 3 years ago but this time around I would shoot for 3-4000 off sticker plus the 0 financing If I were buying that is.

GOING 3000 below invoice and then them boning you in financing may come out the same, If they ever show you THE TRUE invoice price (which they wont)??

If you are buying now is the time to STRIKE cause salesman is an adversary and full of it.

Try and sell your used 07 or 09 Tundra AND SEE WHAT IT IS REALLY going for.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well they found a truck. was looking for a double cab, sr5. then a trd double cab. dealer really wants to sell a truck so they found one with pretty much what we want. crew max.

lol. yeah i got lost somewhere in the lot and ended up sitting in a cm. my 07 was a double cab and the difference is crazy. never considered a cm but the price, jeeze.

5.7, sr5 (tow package only, no alloys - weird), 4x4, bed liner, tint, cold pkg, deck rail, steel wheels (meh..), etc. i wanted the trd package but they were way off on the price. so at least im getting 4x4 and room for my sasquatch axx lol. its 3.5 hr's away and they have the paper work ready and supposedly they are sending someone in the morn to get it for us.

so lord willing by 1pm tomorrow i will be a tundra owner again!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2010 in January from Bryan Easler Toyota in Hendersonville N.C,. It stickered @ $34,424.00 I had no trade and I bought the truck for $29,275 plus tax NO DOC FEE. There was some factory to dlr $ in January. The best I could figure was a 2600-2700 dealer discount plus NO DOC FEE. The salesman was Roger Miller...give him a call

1 - 20 of 26 Posts