Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Toyota brochures for the Tundra's on this site they state the 05's have 282HP/325 ftlbs of torque and that the 06's have 271HP/315 ftlbs of torque. Was there a motor change? I just figured out that the VVT-I motors came out in 05 and that the 04's had 245HP.

·
DesertMatt760
121 Posts
They used different rating systems... there was another Thread about the different types of testing for HP and etc... The 05 supposedly used a more favorable system which gave a lil more HP. The 06 model used a more defined and acurrate system!! so no motor change... although i still like to say mine has more horsepower than a o6 since i have a 05,!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
05s and 06s both realistically make the power that the 06s were rated at. 06s were measured using the "SAE Certified" system and the 05s were measured using the "SAE Net" system. Do a google search and you can find out about them. In a nutshell, the SAE Certified system is newer and more accurate. But there was no change in the motor at all between 05 and 06.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i can go dyno my 02 sometime this year to see what it really makes if anyone here is interested in seeing some real raw power they make.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
They used different rating systems... there was another Thread about the different types of testing for HP and etc... The 05 supposedly used a more favorable system which gave a lil more HP. The 06 model used a more defined and acurrate system!! so no motor change... although i still like to say mine has more horsepower than a o6 since i have a 05,!!!
:tu: :tu: mee too!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts