Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned several Tundra's and currently own an 05 DC Limited loaded with Nav, 20" TRD's and TRD duals etc. I have driven the new 07 and am blown away at the improvements in all areas, especially power. My 05 is a real dog? Yes they are expensive, but what isn't? Domestics are real crap so don't even try to convince me to "save" money and buy something with incentives. There is a reason for the incentives. So, my question is, when is the time to dump the old body style, now, before the 07's become plentiful or later?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have owned several Tundra's and currently own an 05 DC Limited loaded with Nav, 20" TRD's and TRD duals etc. I have driven the new 07 and am blown away at the improvements in all areas, especially power. My 05 is a real dog? Yes they are expensive, but what isn't? Domestics are real crap so don't even try to convince me to "save" money and buy something with incentives. There is a reason for the incentives. So, my question is, when is the time to dump the old body style, now, before the 07's become plentiful or later?
Before the '07 Tundra came out...but obviously that didn't happen. If you really want one you should sell your Tundra NOW while most people are unaware that the new one exists. I wouldn't buy the new one quite yet though. 6 months from now they will be below invoice. You got something else to drive during the wait? This is only my suggestion if you are concerned about money which I am assuming you are since you are asking about best time to sell, etc. Otherwise sell now and buy now. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i have a porsche cayenne to drive so no pain there. that was my take on selling and buying as well. however, i don't think i would have any trouble buying below invoice right now. i am debating on whether to stay with the limited or get an SR5 to save some cash. seems like there is very little increase in values once they are used and you go to sell later on and the SR5 is pretty well equiped. now all i need to do is get the camera out and shoot some pics for truck trader.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would think right now would be about the best time to sell, before they incentive the crap out of the '07's. There's a huge price gap between what most of us paid for our '05/'06 models and what the '07's are selling for. Anyone that needs a truck and is just hung-up on Toyota would likely pay good money for a low-mileage '05/'06 once they see the price on the new ones. I've thought about putting mine up for sale as well.... I might go back to a car/SUV as my DD.

·
Registered
693 Posts
yea, i have a porsche cayenne to drive so no pain there. that was my take on selling and buying as well. however, i don't think i would have any trouble buying below invoice right now. i am debating on whether to stay with the limited or get an SR5 to save some cash. seems like there is very little increase in values once they are used and you go to sell later on and the SR5 is pretty well equiped. now all i need to do is get the camera out and shoot some pics for truck trader.
My dad has one of those too. Its an 05, he bought it in 04, but hes contemplating on trading it in for the Turbo S.

I cant stress enough as to how the Audi SUV looks WAY better than the Cayenne. Not only that, its just a VW Tourage (sp??) with a Porsche logo and a added mark up.

Its a great SUV, does well off road, but I always thought it looked really tacky.

Sorry back to Toyota talk.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Every mile and and every minute you put on your Gen1 depreciates resale/trade-in so the sooner the better. But also depends on what you owe on your 05 and what you can afford and what you need. If I were me I'd'ave dumped the gen1 long b4 the gen2 came out, now you're behind the 8ball. Either fall in love again w/ your 05 or bail out fast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts