Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to apologize first off, I've read and printed and read more and cross referenced and I need a little guidance for all of the info in my head and possession now. I have CEL code P 0155. The questions I have are,

1- how many O2 sensors are there total? 2 or 4? There is mention of the fronts and rears.

2- Bank 2 sensor 1 is located where? in relation to sitting in the the drivers seat facing the front of the truck.

I have both PDF files but they only show 2 sensors, the ones on cats. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.:confused::confused::confused:

:ts::ts:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have just replaced a couple of O2 sensors and if I remember correctly, there are 4 total sensor in the engine.
I believe that Bank one is on the drivers side of the engine and Bank two is on the passengers side.
Also, I think that sensor 1 is in the engine and sensor 2 in the cat.
Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
I have just replaced a couple of O2 sensors and if I remember correctly, there are 4 total sensor in the engine.
I believe that Bank one is on the drivers side of the engine and Bank two is on the passengers side.
Also, I think that sensor 1 is in the engine and sensor 2 in the cat.
Hopefully someone else can confirm this.
That is correct.

Bank 1 = Driver side
Bank 2 = Passenger side
Sensor 1 = Front, aka "air/fuel" sensor, aka "upstream" sensor
Sensor 2 = Rear, aka "oxygen" sensor, aka "downstream" sensor

To the OP: So, your Bank 2, Sensor 1 (B2S1) = Passenger side, Air/fuel sensor. Here is a pic of Bank 1, Sensor 1, and here is a pic of Bank 1, Sensor 2.

You want the Denso #234-4169. Make sure you buy 2 and replace both sides. When one is done, the other is close behind.

Link to DIY procedure for sensor replacement is below in my sig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts