Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? What brand? Where did ya get it? I have a check engine light that poped on and my friend brought his over but wouldn't read the Tundra for some reason.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got my ScangaugeII in the mail this week. It does clear codes, but it is much more than that. Got it direct from manufacturer. Ask them if you can get the groupbuy price of $149 even though there really isn't a groupbuy going on right now. The guy on the phone was cool enough to give it to me for that price. Good luck with whatever you get though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
So basicly you get the 4 digit code & call the dealer and ask them what it is & then prepare to bendover...lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basicly you get the 4 digit code & call the dealer and ask them what it is & then prepare to bendover...lol
I do all my own work so my truck doen't go to the dealer. Not even for the BJ re-call. Screw them,

Anyway, Is there a place that carries these? So I can get it today?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Get a factory service manual. They have so much information in there, you wont know what to do with all of it! LOL

Too bad HELM doesn't make have them for Toyota. For my Honda/Acura cars I've had I always had their manuals, they are great resources and tell you step by step how to troubleshoot and check EVERYTHING. For each trouble code it goes step by step on how to diagnose and find the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine just arrived today. I ordered thru Amazon. It had the features that I was looking for, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Equus 3100 Innova Diagnostic Code Reader with Memory Backup for OBDII
(Post-1996) Vehicles, $93.49.

Check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
No need to call a dealer to translate an error code, you can get a list of codes from right here on TS.
The connection is the same for all cars, Ford/Chevy take a different interface from Toyota/BMW, so if your friend has a Ford and tried hooking it up to your Toyota that is probably why it didn't work (some scanners can read any make, but most are domestic or foreign specific).
I got one some years ago, scantool I think was the website. Hooks to my laptop, it's pretty cool. I can tell you though, I've actually used it on 3 Tundras now and each time it was an O2 sensor.
/Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts