Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics from a couple weekends ago. Look in my Gallery for more.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mud is fun. Probably 10 years ago now, I was riding with my dad out at Ocotillo, he got a bit too close behind me so I sidetracked near a mudhole and roosted the he!! outta him, covered him and his bike in mud splatter. Good fun, for me at least. :D So, you get any looks when you drove that truck home?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a ball. Never got stuck. Rooster tailed liked 30ft behind me every chance possible. I covered my buddies truck. The hottie is Jail Bait (14) and my Niece. The looks I got from everybody was Hilarious. I had so much fun I left it for the Next day and went to Carlsbad (lots of rich people) and they were in total shock. It was great. Im going back next weekend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im in carlsbad, I wouldn't have been im shock, though it looks pretty sick

Has the paint faded at all, im considering colors, not sure which one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No my paint is still beautiful. After a good wash and wax the paint almost glows in the sunlight. But for color choices if you dont like the Speedway Blue My second choice would be White. Stays cooler in the summer. Doesnt show dirt easily. I kinda wish I went with the white. But I like being different. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I lie the blue, but wouldnt like it if once it got scratched, it looked like crap...

Still looks new?
....those are called "Desert Pinstripes" and should be worn as a badge of courage and good times had blasting in the sand and rocks.....many a Yucca plant has caressed my teflon coating!

BTW, REAL off roaders don't wash their trucks....they wait for it to rain! :D

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Uh ocotillo mud sucks. I spent well over 3 hours cleaning my truck whenit looked like that. Very sticky stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Real OffRoaders may leave the mud on till it rains but im a smart and cleaned it a few days later when it didnt rain plus enjoy the color of my truck when its clean. Mud is not the healthiest thing for a new paintjob. Hell my truck is barely a year old. And yes Ocotillo mud dries like cement. It took me forever to get it halfway clean. Its ok though I will be out there with the SoCalTundras crew this weekend.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Well Real OffRoaders may leave the mud on till it rains but im a smart and cleaned it a few days later when it didnt rain plus enjoy the color of my truck when its clean. Mud is not the healthiest thing for a new paintjob. Hell my truck is barely a year old. And yes Ocotillo mud dries like cement. It took me forever to get it halfway clean. Its ok though I will be out there with the SoCalTundras crew this weekend.
I used the car wash on the corner of center city and el norte and pretty much clogged it up. My mud was a little more then yours. It was about 2 inches thick on every part of the truck and the windshield wipers were stuck in 1 place. I had to use 2 cans of beer and my T-shirt to clear a spot to see out of. I worked at Toyota of Escondido and actually got pulled over pulling into work because they said my vision was obstructed by the mud. Luckily I convinced him I would wash it at work and I did not get a ticket.

This weekend when you go let me warn you that the whoops are huge and everywhere. We just got back and the trails are extremely beat so you probably will not hit to many areas where you can reach speed. I left shell reef and was in 4th gear (Because it is usually smoother) and I had to hold it in 3rd until I reached devils slide due to the whoops. If I slowed down we would have bashed.

·
Registered
803 Posts
ouch its really that bad out there ?? i havent seen it like that for a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts