Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of OEM Limited Tundra 20's without the sensors and I plan to throw on my 08' Sequoia.

My Sequoia has the OEM 18's so my question is if the sensors will the 20's? I understand there are different angle sensors so I need to know if the sensors on my 18's will work with the 20's. I actually finally realized that I really do have sensors after I saw the switch under the dash. I just didn't think my rims came with them. I'm pretty sure a few peeps have done this transfer. I did a search and couldn't find enough info...please help. Thanks!

Below is a pic of my 18's and I'm sure almost everyone knows what the 20's look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Dont worry, ur sensors will still work. I on the other hand, just bought some 18" TRD wheels coming from steels that come with 40degree, so I had to buy the 20deg sensors.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought a set of like new looking Limited 20's to put on my Tundra and used the same tpms that my 18's had. You will have to problem switching.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think its the steel wheels that have the issue with the weird angle sensor. i think the aluminum ones are all goign to be ok.

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all that have replied, I really appreciate it!!!

I've been pretty excited about finally getting a set of these 20's. It's definitely my all time favorite Toyota OEM rim and I can't wait to have them on my Sequoia. I purchased some Cooper Zeon rubbers from America's Tire to wrap them with so hopefully they arrive real soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts