Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a 2008 Tundra with the JBL Nav system and I ended up swapping a lot of the stereo parts out and replaced them with aftermarket stuff.

So, I wound up with a monitor that didn't work with the OEM backup camera. I came to an assumption that I had somehow broken the backup camera, so I bought another one. Same result, I couldn't get it to work.

I finally purchased an aftermarket backup camera, and I did get it to work, but I had to dremel out a little bit of the plastic eye hole on the tailgate latch. So now I've got TWO of those OEM cameras that I need to sell (that's another story) but my question is,

1. has anyone gotten those cameras to work with an aftermarket monitor?

2. Do the cameras that come with the JBL upgraded stereo work on other Tundras that have the little flip down monitor in the overhead console? Or do those Tundras use a different camera entirely?

This has been a thorn in my heel for over a year now!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry I can't help in regard to making an OEM camera work with an aftermarket headunit... but I could be help in taking one of those OEM cameras off your hands :) I just bought a Toyota JBL Nav for the Tundra and would like to get a camera for it. Are you interested in selling one?

Don't the Tundras w/ JBL but no Navigation that have a back up camera have the screen in the mirror? (That's an option for 2010 I think, at least).

Here's an example. Forgive me if eBay links aren't permitted, I know on some forums they aren't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010...arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_956

1 - 2 of 2 Posts