Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at measuerments and seems sr5 06 access cab bed mat would be a close fit since they did not make one for 06DC, a little trimming and it would appear that it would work! anyone tried this yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a aftermarket bed mat in my 06 DC and the package said it fit AC & DC models the AC bed is 2" longer but the mat fit fine i would not want it any shorter.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
No trimming required, it's an exact fit. Do a search, there's tons of info regarding this. Mostly written by me.:D

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
Just remember that if you also get the tailgate mat, it has to be for the DC because of the different heights. I got both my bed and tailgate mats from my dealer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No trimming required, it's an exact fit. Do a search, there's tons of info regarding this. Mostly written by me.:D

100% correct. I went round and round with the dealer....told me the same thing they dont make one for the DC but everyone "cuts" them to fit the DC...it fits good, little big inside the bedliner, but it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That figures!! i have been waiting for a year to put a mat down and all they could tell me was they only have them for reg and access cags only!! i went digging on bed sizes and found that the access cab was really close and i figured it would work THANKS!! SO is the tail gate cover for the access cab also! i would imagine there is not difference in sizes!!??

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just remember that if you also get the tailgate mat, it has to be for the DC because of the different heights. I got both my bed and tailgate mats from my dealer.
Sorry as you can tell i am originally from Arkansas,so you are saying Toyota makes a tailgate mat for 06 DC but not bed mat for 06 DC. my dealers parts book that i looked at does not show any application for anything 06 DC as far as Bed mat or taligate mat. it only lists Reg Cab and Access Cab ONLY!! so the 06 Access cab tailgate mat fits 06 DC as well as the bed mat which i know is close to specs!! ?? help me here!! so tailgates are different heights?

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
Sorry as you can tell i am originally from Arkansas,so you are saying Toyota makes a tailgate mat for 06 DC but not bed mat for 06 DC. my dealers parts book that i looked at does not show any application for anything 06 DC as far as Bed mat or taligate mat. it only lists Reg Cab and Access Cab ONLY!! so the 06 Access cab tailgate mat fits 06 DC as well as the bed mat which i know is close to specs!! ?? help me here!! so tailgates are different heights?
The DC has a deeper bed than the AC.
I don't know if it's genuine Toyota, but when I purchased the truck part of my deal was to get the bed and tailgate mats. When I picked up the truck the mats were still in the boxes. The tailgate mat was about 3 inches too short to cover the tailgate correctly. I returned it to the parts department and reminded him that my truck was a DC, he had me the correct mat in two days. Give them a call
Riverside Toyota of Tulsa
(800) 225-2769

·
Registered
74 Posts
I apologize for the slight hijack of this thread, but I'm just curious if anyone has ever heard of a bed mat being stolen? I was thinking of getting one for my 05 DC and am a little worried about theft. I have no shell or tonneau cover.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it is just laying in their no topper sure it could come up missing but i have a SnugTop SL flat lockable cover and a lockable tailgate but if they want it bad enough they are going to take it no matter!! I live in ABQ NM and things come up missing a lot!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts