Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Limited with the JBL audio, but no navigation. I've avoided the iPod interface with the JBL headunit because my sister has one on her JBL equipped Corolla XRS, and I just am not happy with the way you have to browse through songs on the stereo's LCD display.

Is it any better with a Navigation unit? I'd like to upgrade to Navi, and a major attraction would be better integration with my iPhone for music.

Can anyone take me some photos of the iPod control screens on a navigation unit, please? If I did this, I'd also consider going the extra step and buying a back up camera.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I bought the Peripheral Isimple Ipod and HD Radio adapter. It works very well and was super simple to install. It is a little bit tedious to select songs through the non-nav JBL radio. Have you found a source for a JBL NAV unit that is reasonable? The e-bay listings are way to expensive. If I was to spend that much money I would get a Pioneer Avic and scrap the whole thing....

·
Registered
98 Posts
agreed - seriously compare a pioneer or kenwood unit, which both have great navi, ipod, and bt phone capabilities. You'll also upgrade the sound of your system at the same time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that the integration on a non-nav unit is terrible, hence the reason I'm asking about it on a Navigation equipped unit.

I do realize the merits of an aftermarket headunit, but am willing to pay extra to stick with an OEM piece. It's just my preference, that's all.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I agree that the integration on a non-nav unit is terrible, hence the reason I'm asking about it on a Navigation equipped unit.

I do realize the merits of an aftermarket headunit, but am willing to pay extra to stick with an OEM piece. It's just my preference, that's all.
Have you found a good source for one? Ebay units are expensive and mostly refurbs. I would like to buy one if I could get one for a decent price....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.