Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Has anyone purchased the color coded OEM Running boards? I can get them from a dealer in N.H. for $419 plus shipping.

Are these bolt on or is there drilling required? (which I dont really want to do)

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I had them port installed. Dealer gave me invoice on it and I had to get them.(approx. $400) They are really nice quality stuff. The paint matches well too. There IS drilling involved. And the instructions for installationis available if yu want to examine before yu buy or consider doing yourself. If yu are a patient DIY'er yu will be ok. I would rate the installation difficulty a 7 on a scale of 1-10. A dealer will charge much for the install. I would not trust the average body shop to do it right. That's just me. The drilled holes must be "3M" sealed( or equivelent) upon securing the fasteners or yu will get body rust at some point.

I can try and locate a copy of these OEM R-Boards instructions and post here if yu want.

To me, the greatest benefit of these boards is the design. I noticed they keep all the mud and dirt below the vehicle and don't allow stone chips etc. to hit the body. The sides stay very clean compared to my Dads H/L without them.
Check back
:) LT

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
oconn11, your price is not bad...approx 20% off Toyota MSRP .I have seen them for $300 too but in only certain colors.(@cost clearance pricing)
What color is your H/L? Just curious. I have Millenium Silver (1CO)

Check these out...the instruction sheet>>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I only wish these particular Running boards had step lights built-in.:td:

It appears that in the Toyota Southeast region the lighted r-boards are available, BUT they do not have the mud guards contoured into the front fenders. They just don't look as nice.

FYI, yu might know this already, yu will be removing the existing front mud guards. The Kit replaces it with the contoured ones. They are described as "End Caps"

Good luck:)

LT

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my local Toyota dealer, (Westchester) just called to say that the OEM boards with installation will cost me $800 - I guess thats without tax. For that I could drive up to NH and get them installed for $500!

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I knew that would happen. These local dealers get alot for these installed. I shopped it too. They are Toyota specific R/B's and should not be that much to install. But they get yu . Go to NH
Having them on my H/L, honestly ,they are not worth a penny more than say $500-$550. $800 is just ludicrous/can't justify that. They are just basic running boards. They are not made of any fancy material.

I believe cost for the Kit is around the $300 mark. Labor...tops $200. anything more and they got to throw the vaseline in for free if yu know what I mean.
:)
LT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts