Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with installing the OEM sonar system into a double cab SR5 Tundra 07 or newer? I'm willing to bet that the factory wiring for this is already in the truck (just like with the fog lamps), and that upgrading to the OEM sonar system is a matter of buying a few additional parts (sonar plugs for the front and rear bumper, display module for the dash and/or factory plug switch to turn it on or off). I'm considering an aftermarket Sonar system, but using the factory wiring (just like the fog lamps) is a big plus. Any direction would be helpful.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Personally, the stick-ons aren't for me, as I prefer a more factory look. I've been looking at some aftermarket units, but I'm having trouble finding one that will do four sensors in the rear bumper and also two or four sensor in the front bumper, all off the same brain unit with one display module. Most of the aftermarket units that I've seen for trucks in my web searching only come with four sensor for the rear bumper, and that's it. One website I found, SportsImportsltd.com sells some really nice units, but again, every truck unit they sell doesn't do front bumper sensors (something about the wires not being long enough and that they cannot be spliced or extended). I would like to go with a nice, factory looking display to go on top of the rear view mirror..I just want it to do front and back off of the same brain unit. I'll check out the Pyle and Hytec systems, as well as the AutoSonar website. Thanks again for the advice everyone...much appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.