Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,327 Posts
been discussed many many many times before. do a search. it takes alot of stuff to make it work and i dont think anyone has actually made it work in the past 3 years....but lots of threads on it if u take the time to search.

· Registered
7,327 Posts
FWIW, and u can see the pics in my gallery, its not for everyone but i didnt want to drill into the bumper. im probally going to go ahead and do it sometime since ive decided to purchase the truck (started out as a lease but we decided we wanted to keep it for sure).

i got stick on, no drill, backup sensors. it was 4 sensors and the control module, EZ hookup- wires to backup lamps. has tiny speaker that mounts inside (mine is routed up through the hole in the bottom of the cab and its actually tucked inside the plastic b pillar trim). its plenty loud to hear, and i put a switch on it to override it when i am hitched to the boat etc. cost me about 40 bucks shipped. well worth it for me. but again, since they do stick on, its not for everyone but lots of people havent noticed they arent stock.

ill save u the time, heres an older pic of them...see they dont look too bad....i think the drilled ones would look better...but i'll do that one of these days im sure

· Registered
7,327 Posts
Backup cameras and forward cameras are cheap enough that I don't find the sonar to be attractive.
well im doing a backup camera in the next week or so, so im probally dong just as you say and taking the sensors off altogether

· Registered
7,327 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.