Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from the TS community. Half a dozen forum searches have not produced an answer, so here goes. I've got a 2007 Tundra with the JBL audio system, it came "XM satellite ready". Back when I bought the vehicle, I purchased what was advertised as an OEM XM satellite kit on eBay. I installed the gear that arrived and everything has worked fine since. I routed the antenna up through the third break light and attached it to the break light housing using the included adhesive metal plate and adhesive/magnetic antenna.

Fast forward to 2010, the Arizona sun and my offroading ways have done their work on the antenna. The adhesive plate has slowly peeled away and the whole thing was loose. I removed the plate and re-adhered the antenna to the housing without a plate. Reception now sucks, not sure if the antenna itself is just old/damaged, or if that metal plate was somehow helping reception. In either case, I am now looking to obtain a replacement antenna. XM customer service tells me that the model I have is indeed OEM gear, it is a Pioneer model #861800W030. I've contacted XM and Pioneer, and have searched the internet high and low and cannot find the correct replacement antenna (it has an odd rectangular lead, unlike the round ones in use now). All roads point back to the dealer who wants $250 for the antenna, not installed.

2 questions:

-Does anyone know where I can get a replacement antenna for this radio model?

-Can anyone point me to the latest model of XM receiver that will properly integrate with my factory 2007 Tundra JBL system? I suspect I could replace the entire system for less than $250.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a 2007 Tundra XM Radio fit kit, which includes the antenna, from "Airport Toyota" in Dayton, OH for about sixty bucks.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Post some pics!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts