Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Have you ever communicated with a person at "OEMValue"?

• Yes, I received an immediate, helpful response.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I've tried, but they never respond to my inquiries.

• No answer. I'm not even sure the business really exists...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to contact a living, breathing human being at OEM Value? The website instructs people to email questions, but I have emailed at least seven times in the last eight weeks and I can't get a response.

Here's my most recent experience:

I finally figured, "what the heck" and ordered a unit from OEM. At least I tried to...

I completed the billing address field and then checked the box that the shipping address is not the same - and clicked "continue" to go to the next field. The program then tells me that I need to fill in the address, and the field-labels for address, city & zip are all in red. Of course, I had already completed the form but, for reasons unknown, the address wouldn't process. I tried it again, from scratch, with the same result. The system literally will not permit me to order....:mad:

I tried to email the seller, AGAIN, but he doesn't answer emails, ever, and there is no phone number...

I'm interested in similarly simple alternatives to "OEM". I understand that factory unit was made by Eclipse. Is the Eclipse unit the same simple, idiot-proof and "plug and play" solution?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just upgraded from an E7001 factory Nav to the eclipse 6610. I also had my guy install monitors in each headrest for the kids. I thought it was going to be to much work for me so I let him do the complete install. When I recieved the truck, the rear camera didnt come on, the radio antenna wasnt plugged in, and the dimmer switch that connects to the light switch wasnt connected. He was going to splice into the speed/reverse wires for the camera, I had to show him that the speed/reverse connector directly plugs into the new eclipse unit. I also had to install the parking brake wire for him, he didnt seem to understand. Hrmmm and this guy installs HU for a living.:eek: Probably should have done it myself. There is a aftermarket plug that connects to the toyota plug so you dont have to splice into any wires. Seems pretty easy to me. Only thing is he had to run the monitor wires from the seats to the HU. I was very disappointed with the whole thing, and next time I will probably just do it myself. The factory toyota HU are simple plug and play (20-30 min install) but have limited capabilities. I paid $1900 for my eclipse (included install) which is about $200 more than Troy is selling the new E7009 at oemvalue.com. Although the factory Nav's are made my eclipse, the eclipse models have way more functionallity. Check out there web site. The install maybe a little longer but you will be alot happier. Just some things of interest on the 6610 - plays dvd's (has dual zone, so kids can watch dvds in rear while the Nav unit works up front) has blue tooth accesory, has rearview camera(bec-105/106), HD radio module, and a couple others that are all plug and play. So do some research and it will pay off. Good luck!:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Core64. I'll go look.

I have the Pioneer Avic Z1 in our Sequoia, but my wife drives the Tundra, and simple use is more important than feature-packed. She'd be tickled with the factory system, we just can't figure out how/where to buy one.

The Eclipse sounds like a good solution if we go with minimum features except Bluetooth.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No problem. If you decide to go with the factory Nav, then stick it out with Troy at oemvalue.com. He has the best prices. It may be hard to get emails through to him, because he does this on the side. When I got my unit from him, he was very helpful and responded to my emails in a day or two.
Funny note, just found out that the idiot who installed my eclipse, reversed the left and right speakers. My wife, GOD I LOVE HER, called and complained to the owner and got a full refund on my install ($250). Now I just have to go through and redo the speaker wires, install the dimmer and I should be good. If you decide to buy the eclipse, do the install yourself, not that difficult. Good Luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Core, if you have a spare moment, it would be great if you could try emailing Troy and pointing him to this thread and the others like it (because he apparently reads your email). (Maybe my emails are blocked by his SPAM filter?) After trying for more than a month, and trying to get a purchase processed twice, I finally gave up on him, but some of the other people who have emailed him might still be buyers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have You Tried Ebay Instead? I See The 7009's All The Time. I Just Installed A 7006 About 3-4 Days Ago With A Bec106. Overall, I Paid About $1200 For Everything. It Plays Dvd Upfront And On My Rse Unit (i Just Have To Fanagle With It A Bit). I'm Happy With The Results...and I Installed Everything Myself! All Plug N Play.

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Whaler and all others,

I know some have had luck in placing orders and talking (via email) with an individual from OEMValue...but I also know that many more like myself have had no such luck.
I tried and finally gave up. Why the hell should I waste my time on some a$$hole who doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to a email?
If a company doesn't have the time to at least respond to prospective customers then they shouldn't be in business! Bottom line!
And as far as I'm concerned, OEMValue should NOT be in business!
Here's a novel idea................HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

The responses should pour in now. :rolleyes:

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Now you know why I bought an ECLIPSE. It is made by FUGITSU TEN just like the factory NAV.
It may look different , but it works perfectly.
I did my own install, piece of cake.

I talked to one person by e-mail and as soon as I had alot of questions, I never did get any more responces from them, it's like they fell off the planet.
OEM VALUE SUCKS :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Hey Mustang when you installed your eclipse which wires on the factory ecm did you hook the speed and reverse sensors to? I'm about to install an avn5500 into my tundra and would like to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would it be possible to provide me with the web address for eclipse?? I am actively searching for a NAV system for my new 2006 Tundra DC with the factory JBL system.

Thanks for the help

Lloyd:ts:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Thank you mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You guys that are on the fence should really consider installing an eclipse nav unit. I'm very pleased with my avn5500. Now I'm sitting on the fence with installing a rear view camera however I did install the ipod controller since my nav unit came with it as part of the package so now I've got to get an ipod for it. It's been a long time since music sounded so good in my ride. I've got to do something about the sun glasses holder as my shades are bouncing around when the sub hits.:devil:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I second the Eclipse, I just installed a 5510. You can pick them up from Name Brand Car Audio and Video at an affordable price! Savings on Car CD Players, MP3 Players, Car Amplifiers, Car Subwoofers, Car Speakers, and Car Video at Sonic Electronix! Car Audio, CD Players, MP3 Players, Subwoofers, Speakers, Car Alarms and m for about $1200 shipped and also a $200 rebate for installation. I HIGHLY recommend it. I never could track down the reverse wire in the dash, my camera isn't here yet, so I don't really need it. I searched all over behind the deck and couldn't find the 2 pin harness some of you were referring to. I don't know if that only on the JBL models or not. Could you tell me a good place in the dash that you can tap into the reverse wire. My camera should be here shortly, and need it hooked up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts