Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish me luck...hopefully they'll also turn on the alarm too without charging me up the wazoo. I'll report back tomorrow.

·
Registered
274 Posts
thought they would turn it on for free? i was planning on having this done and didnt expect a charge. is it based on the cool factor my dealer?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
thought they would turn it on for free? i was planning on having this done and didnt expect a charge. is it based on the cool factor my dealer?
Mine was done for free.......

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Wish me luck...hopefully they'll also turn on the alarm too without charging me up the wazoo. I'll report back tomorrow.
Let us know how you like the feel of your gas pedal when they are done.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First (and last) dealer oil change, no problems there. Gas pedal is a little bit looser but its not too bad. I can live with it. But there was a faint odor in the cab afterwards. They may have cleaned something on the pedal mechinism that left some fumes. Came home with the windows down and its gone now. They changed the headlight timeout to 60 seconds, turned on the alarm, turned off the da*mn seatbelt chime for both sides, and set the doors to open with one press on the fob.

The first advisor told me no charge for any of this, but when they were done ( 1.5 hrs later) he was gone and the second advisor wanted $42.50 for shop supplies, haz disposal fee, bend-the-cust-over fee, whatever. :eek: Whoa, sez I, Johnnie said no charge for anything. "Let me go ask Bob" he sez. Don't know who Bob is / was but okay doaky. He comes back looking sheepish and says "we took care of it, no problem." :D Toyota of Easley, SC = good place.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Nice! Good update :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
First (and last) dealer oil change, no problems there. Gas pedal is a little bit looser but its not too bad. I can live with it. But there was a faint odor in the cab afterwards. They may have cleaned something on the pedal mechinism that left some fumes. Came home with the windows down and its gone now. They changed the headlight timeout to 60 seconds, turned on the alarm, turned off the da*mn seatbelt chime for both sides, and set the doors to open with one press on the fob.

The first advisor told me no charge for any of this, but when they were done ( 1.5 hrs later) he was gone and the second advisor wanted $42.50 for shop supplies, haz disposal fee, bend-the-cust-over fee, whatever. :eek: Whoa, sez I, Johnnie said no charge for anything. "Let me go ask Bob" he sez. Don't know who Bob is / was but okay doaky. He comes back looking sheepish and says "we took care of it, no problem." :D Toyota of Easley, SC = good place.
Pheeew.... now I can breathe easier knowing you're well taken care of......:baby::baby::baby:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what alarm are you talking about? I have an 08 Tundra crew max.
Ah Tundra brother, were you not aware that the factory alarm is already installed but just not activated? :eek: Tis true. You do not have the glass break sensor and they may try to sell you that for a couple hundred smackers but just say no. Or get it from Sparks Toyota for a c-note and install it yourself. But Toyota decided that we should have to go to the dealer so they can activate it with their Techstream laptop. That way they might charge for it. So you could try a few different things...

1.) Wait for the oil change and ask that they take care of a few little things mentioned in the user manual like I did, the headlight timer, one click unlock, etc. And get the recall done then too. :cool:
2.) Or you can buy the TechStream software and cable for something like $500 and you can do everything yourself - goto techinfo.toyota.com for details.
3.) You can go aftermarket and probably get a better alarm, more features, etc. Some good ones are listed here for example, Remote Car Starters and Auto Alarm Systems Vehicle Specific - Remote Starter Alarm Keyless Entry

I believe I've read that gen-1 Tundra's (2007 and earlier) can be activated via the key fob following some instructions found somewhere on this site. But the gen-2 alarm needs the Techstream.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
headlight timer???

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
headlight timer???
When you turn off the truck and you leave the headlights on it has a timer that will shut them off - default is 30 seconds but you can get it set to zero or 60 if you don't like 30 sec. I called it headlight timer but its probably officially called something else.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts