Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd make a thread regarding tire and wheel combinations for the 07 Tundra. Hopefully to make it easy for everyone to make an informed decision on their tire / wheel combinations both factory and afternarket. Please list your tire, and wheel specs. Include Brand, Model, Size, Offset and anything else you can think of that describes your combo. Feel free to include Pictures, driving impressions, and opinions as well. :tu:

**If this has all ready been done. Please let me know. I couldn't find anything similar.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on everyone. Show some forum spirit. What does it take to post a few pics and specs of your tire/wheel combos? I don't have the truck yet or I'd post my info. But I'm leaning towards a 35 or 32 inch tire on 18s or 20s. With a standard offset. I will lift it if necessary.

·
Registered
77 Posts
bump for offset specs and pics! i'm trying to decide on a +50 to +40 offset for my wheels that are going to be made.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Re: Official Tire / Wheel Specs thread. List your combinations including all specs here.

Doubtful there is enough aftermarket wheels on Tundras for this post yet.

Plus Toyota made it hard for us w/the stupid bolt pattern and offset.

I've been searching and haven't found one good one yet that will fit like I want it to--(protruding the wells by 2" to fill my Bushwakers)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoodCop, Juicy, your posts are valuable. I'm sure that in the next few days, weeks, or even months this thread will be full of great info. :tu:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone got pics of their Tundra on 20 inch rims with an aggressive offroad tire? Just wondering how that would look and fit.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Re: Official Tire / Wheel Specs thread. List your combinations including all specs here.

Just installed a set of Carve 20's with Michelin 275/55TR20 tires. Handles alot better than stock.

Check my Gallery for more Pics

·
Registered
935 Posts

Just installed a set of Carve 20's with Michelin 275/55TR20 tires. Handles alot better than stock.

Check my Gallery for more Pics
Nice, those aren't available in 10 ply are they?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts

Nice, those aren't available in 10 ply are they?
No idea, sorry

·
Registered
61 Posts

Mine came with some decent looking BF A/T's so I'm not too anxious to change them but I was thinking about doing the 2" leveling kit for the front... with that done I wouldn't be surprised of you could fit 33's on the 4X4's. Plenty of clearance in the rear but the front looks a little tight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5point, that looks tight! But I wanna see some 33s, 35s, etc..Where they at???

·
Registered
935 Posts

I'm looking at a few tire manufacturer websites and am having trouble finding many tire options in the 3 sizes available on the Tundra. I am looking for Michelin, BFG, Nokian, and/or Cooper tires. Seems like no such luck! Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?
I am getting my dealer to swap out the 20"s that come with my truck and go with 18"s.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the available tire sizes:
275/55R20
275/65R18
255/70R18

I sure would like a decent on/off road tread and hopefully 10-ply load range E rating. Does anyone know any manufacturers that would have something like this for any of the above tire sizes??

·
Registered
935 Posts

Actually, had some luck on Cooper's website, they seem to have all the sizes available and some in E load range

·
Registered
324 Posts

I think it's gonna' be a lil' while before this thread really gets going. I for one don't really wanna' guine pig my new truck. I'll wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with, since we're dealing with the new bolt pattern.

·
Registered
935 Posts

Pro comp has a couple that will fit. One is load range E too.
All Terrain

They have a handy conversion tool as well:
Tire Conversion Chart

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
6 Posts

are the 275/55R20 and the 275/65r18 the same rolling diameter? would it effect my speedo?

I'm looking at a few tire manufacturer websites and am having trouble finding many tire options in the 3 sizes available on the Tundra. I am looking for Michelin, BFG, Nokian, and/or Cooper tires. Seems like no such luck! Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?
I am getting my dealer to swap out the 20"s that come with my truck and go with 18"s.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the available tire sizes:
275/55R20
275/65R18
255/70R18

I sure would like a decent on/off road tread and hopefully 10-ply load range E rating. Does anyone know any manufacturers that would have something like this for any of the above tire sizes??

·
Registered
45 Posts

Here's some info I got from American Racing.

Thank you for your interest in American Racing! This is a brand new fitment for which we just recently redesigned some of our wheels to fit. Right now we do not have any stock as the fitments we offer are still currently in production. We hope to have some available within the next 6-8 weeks.

Pricing and ordering information can be obtained from any American Racing retail dealer near you.

American Racing-- App Guide

·
Registered
6 Posts

kmc has wheels for tundras check out their website look under xd series
i put the 795 hoss on my 07 with 33x12.5x18 toyo mud terrians

1 - 20 of 26 Posts