Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am really confused and kinda new at this.. to start off I have no knowledge about offset and backspacing. I was told that i can fit 33s with a 3in. lift. so with that said i went and got a 3in. level kit thereafter i was able to get some 20x10" XD rockstars off of ebay mounted on 33 toyo open country MT's. I went to a tire shop to get my wheels put on only to find out that there was no way they would fit in the front. The tires rubbed way too much. so i decided screw it, im going with a 6in. lift and i am going to keep the rims but change up to 35in. tires.

I know everyone says that 35's will fit a 6" lift but thats what everyone told me about 33's fitting a 3 and i wasted my time and money on that. Judging by the wheel specs, 20x10 Rockstars, 12.5 35in tires with an Offset -24 and Backspacing 6.44, will i be able to clear a 6 in. lift?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Your offset (-24) is whats killing you. With the proper offset you can get 35's on a 3" lift. What you should have done is bought a 9" wide wheel with a +30 or +35 offset and you wouldnt have any issues. I think youll run into issues with the -24 and the 6" lift as well, but Im not 100% on that.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Your offset (-24) is whats killing you. With the proper offset you can get 35's on a 3" lift. What you should have done is bought a 9" wide wheel with a +30 or +35 offset and you wouldnt have any issues. I think youll run into issues with the -24 and the 6" lift as well, but Im not 100% on that.
Good info, tried to send points but I guess I've already sent too many.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info, tried to send points but I guess I've already sent too many.
so i wouldnt be able to run the wheels with 35s on a 6inch lift? this is what really grinds my gears, businesses that do whatever it takes to get your business. They told me they can drill these in my bolt pattern and that they would fit. If your such a reputable name in the wheel business, you would know all about offset and such and KNOW these tires wouldnt fit in the first place! :mad: well anyway.. thanks for the info i greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Where is it rubbing with the 33's? Like mhollack said, it's the -24... can it be solved by trimming?

A buddy of mine has -11, 33's, and 3" level and his rubs in reverse on the front plastic splash guards. I have -11, 35's, and 6" lift and mine rubs in reverse as well on the same part.

If I remember correctly, there was a white lifted crewmax on here with the same rim specs and Nitto Mud Graps. I can't think of his name but he might be able to help you more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got back from a tire place.. a very well known place around so cal called tucker tire. they are awesome and friendly as hell! the guy took his time to measure my wheel and make some calls. i have a -24 offset and he measured 4inch backspace. With all the info he gathered.. he told me these rims are meant for a truck with a 8in. lift or greater! he besides the offset being diffrent i would need a 20x9 wheel the 20x10 is too wide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so after all.. the place i got my wheels from is willing to trade. The guy told me hes got other rockstars that are 20x8.5. is that good enough? He offered me 2 different offset/backspacings. +10mm with 5.14 backspace or +30mm with 6.13 backspace. Which one would work with my truck?

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's great news!

I think the +10 would work and if you choose it would look sick... Off-road ready! :tu: The +10 would probably stick out from your fenders about 1.5"-2", whereas the +30 would be about 0.5-1". I like the more aggressive stance... but that's just me. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great news!

I think the +10 would work and if you choose it would look sick... Off-road ready! :tu: The +10 would probably stick out from your fenders about 1.5"-2", whereas the +30 would be about 0.5-1". I like the more aggressive stance... but that's just me. :D

:amen: im with you on the aggressive stance!!!!! thanks for the info thats the main reason i asked. I wanted to know which offset would make my tires stand out more. i didnt want such nice rims and tires hiding in the wheel wells. but also would the the 8.5s be too skinny or just right?

·
Registered
500 Posts
:amen: im with you on the aggressive stance!!!!! thanks for the info thats the main reason i asked. I wanted to know which offset would make my tires stand out more. i didnt want such nice rims and tires hiding in the wheel wells. but also would the the 8.5s be too skinny or just right?
You got me thinking... I just looked up some specs on your wheels and based on the site linked from KMC's website, it looks like the only width option they have on 20's are 8.5, 10, and 12. I'm guessing everyone who has a positive offset on the 20's has the 8.5 width wheel. :confused: If that's the case, 8.5 will be just right.

Wheel Pros

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got me thinking... I just looked up some specs on your wheels and based on the site linked from KMC's website, it looks like the only width option they have on 20's are 8.5, 10, and 12. I'm guessing everyone who has a positive offset on the 20's has the 8.5 width wheel. :confused: If that's the case, 8.5 will be just right.

Wheel Pros
what do u mean just right? as in its not gonna stick out and its gonna be flush with the fender? if so.. will the +30mm make it stick out like i want it?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was talking about the wheel width... 20x8.5 would be just fine. As for the offset, I don't think the +30 will give you what you want.

I did a quick google image search: Tundra +30 Offset, and then: Tundra +10 Offset.

Here's a 10 that popped up:
Tundra 252b10 offset image by rlg52983 on Photobucket

The +30 would sit in more...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts