Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice an uneven offset to the rear axle on the Crewmax? Another member w/ an 07 said he had a 3/4" variance on 1 side of rear: passengers side stuck out 3/4" further than drivers side. Perhaps this was due to his lowering kit(4" in rear). Any thoughts or experince in this???

·
Registered
753 Posts
It is like this on most of our trucks, we dunno why. It is more obvious when you lower the truck. A few guys on here put fender flares on to help conceal the fact that the tire sticks out an inch on one side.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
This is a common problem with the tundras. Mine sticks out more the passenger side and is more noticeable with the after market wheels and 12" wide tires then with the lowering kit it sticks out like a sore thumb. I have about 3/4" difference.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I heard that this is because of shorter axels in the rear. It's believed to be for increased torsional strengh... dunno how much truth there is to that, all i do know is that it annoys the SH*T out of me. Even the landcruiser pickup we get in this part of the world suffers the same problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
i can see my passenger tire in the rearview mirror, its annoying. I have the same width tires as los211.

-Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts