Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old friend came back yesterday. Less than 300 miles since it was in for 3 weeks getting the AIP's replaced. Dropping truck off tomorrow, so tempted to tell them to keep it. Truck is paid off so takes away some of my leverage, grrrrrrr. A new Tahoe or Yukon is looking so tempting right now.

2010 TRD Rock Warrior, 100% stock, 10,500'ish miles. Bought new in July of 09.

Sorry, just venting.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Whats the code?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I know it is annoying but at least it's under warranty.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
How do I check? Thanks.
You can take it to an auto zone type place and they can run the codes on a computer they have. I've never done it but I do believe that it's free.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yup. autozone will check it. as long as u arent in cali, i think they made them stop checking them there from what i read....but autozone will do it if u dont have your own scanner. good luck.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yep, autozone will check it for free, I have a actron 9180 I bought at Auto Zone because of a problem I had with my 03 nissan frontier. It is a great tool, but you can get the basic actro scanner for less that will let you pull the codes. If I were you I would get the basic scanner, they also have even cheaper models(scanners) at harbor freight. I'd go to the dealer with codes in hand, I wouldn't be rude, but it wouldn't be a happy reunion. I'd complain to the dealer, file a complaint with Toyota, and file a complaint with the federal government( emmision controls or somethan like that, there are suggestions of were to complain on this web site)I'd push for a free extended warrany at this time. I definetly wouldn't clear the codes before bringing it back to the dealer. Good Luck, you definetly have a reason to be pizzed off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts