Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Anyone had the oil changed on this yet at the Dealer? If so what price? Other than you sharp dudes that negotiated the changes for free! :)

I called here, one is $34.95 and the other dealer is $39.95. This includes tire rotation as well. This is for just the conventional oil, not the 0W-20. The tech told me that it is "unnecessary and not needed". Waiting for the price with the 0W-20 oil.

I changed the oil in my 05 4.7L as the filter was in the front near the bottom. Very easy to change my own oil, could pick out which oil I wanted and a Napa Gold filter. This 5.7L looks like a bitch to change, next to impossible without a lift.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my oil changed at the dealer with 0w-20 and it was like $52 and some change after tax. They originally quoted me $35 plus tax but then said the truck needs 0w-20 which is synthetic so it's gonna be more.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my oil changed at the dealer with 0w-20 and it was like $52 and some change after tax. They originally quoted me $35 plus tax but then said the truck needs 0w-20 which is synthetic so it's gonna be more.
Odd your dealer tells you it is "needed" and mine tells me "unnecessary".

I think I will go with the syntetic 0W-20 over the conventional as it looks like it is only $15-$20 difference. This at the store is like $5/qt compared to $2/qt, which makes it a better buy anyway.

·
Banned
888 Posts
As of this morning $27.45 for a filter and 7.8qts of non Syn W20. I can provide a pic of the receipt if need be.
Also got word of someone hacking on a 07 ECM so that was a bonus :D
Wont be long before the ponies are free to roam :tu:

:cool:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Does anyone really check to see what kind of oil your dealer puts in your 5.7? I think it would freak a lot of people out to find out that all sorts of different kinds of oil get put into both cars and trucks while their owners flip through magazines in the waiting room. I decided to get up one time and walk to an unauthorized area and I saw them putting the wrong stuff in mine.

Ever since, I have changed my own oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts