Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Anyone had the oil changed on this yet at the Dealer? If so what price? Other than you sharp dudes that negotiated the changes for free! :)

I called here, one is $34.95 and the other dealer is $39.95. This includes tire rotation as well. This is for just the conventional oil, not the 0W-20. The tech told me that it is "unnecessary and not needed". Waiting for the price with the 0W-20 oil.

I changed the oil in my 05 4.7L as the filter was in the front near the bottom. Very easy to change my own oil, could pick out which oil I wanted and a Napa Gold filter. This 5.7L looks like a bitch to change, next to impossible without a lift.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my oil changed at the dealer with 0w-20 and it was like $52 and some change after tax. They originally quoted me $35 plus tax but then said the truck needs 0w-20 which is synthetic so it's gonna be more.
Odd your dealer tells you it is "needed" and mine tells me "unnecessary".

I think I will go with the syntetic 0W-20 over the conventional as it looks like it is only $15-$20 difference. This at the store is like $5/qt compared to $2/qt, which makes it a better buy anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.