Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a 01 tundra 75k v8. And i want to change it to syn royal purple. But the question i am is do i have to flush my engine or can i just change it like a regular oil change?

If i do have to flush how so?

·
Registered
54 Posts
no flush, but i wouldnt recomend keeping the syn in for too long on the first change, maybe change after 3000. then work your way up to normal intervals

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
no flush, but i wouldnt recomend keeping the syn in for too long on the first change, maybe change after 3000. then work your way up to normal intervals
another mind flooded with false information.

Oil is oil. Change it whenever you want, how many times you want, swap back and forth however many times and whenever you want.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i was planning on changing it after 2k because its really nice oil now and i had the cheap stuff in there, but how long can you go with royal purple in the truck i mean i wouldnt want to change it every 10k i would probally go for 5-7k but how long do you think you can go

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Ya i was planning on changing it after 2k because its really nice oil now and i had the cheap stuff in there, but how long can you go with royal purple in the truck i mean i wouldnt want to change it every 10k i would probally go for 5-7k but how long do you think you can go
Amsoil 5w-30 with Amsoil Ea057 filter, I go 10K at a minimum. I went 11,476 on my last change, and the oil looked like it was barely used.

5-7K sounds fine for you. Just use a good oil filter. Amsoils filter costs about $15.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a big K&N fan but is Amsoil better? k&n cost 11.95 so 15 does really brother me

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I am a big K&N fan but is Amsoil better? k&n cost 11.95 so 15 does really brother me
I've heard more bad stories about K&N oil filters than I really want to dig up. OEM filters do a better job than they do.

$15 every 10,000 miles+ is very worth it to me. VS spending about $6 for an OEM filter from the dealer changing every 3,000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts