Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any new information about 2009 problem i just experinced no oil on stick with 5031 miles after a first oil change using royal purple 5w-20 only 2000 miles since change bought car new on 7-08 just got 5000 miles on it now after one year dealer acts dumb so does toyota

·
Registered
297 Posts
Some have had good luck with the ECU re-flash, others have had good luck switching to a 30 weight. I have been using RP 5W-20 with no consumption issues as of YET. However I will switch to a 30 weight if I start seeing a loss in oil. It's worth noting that the ECU flash might not cure the problem, and will yield lower MPG's.

No oil on stick after only 2,000 miles is really not good. A visit to the dealer should be your first step.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you only have 5000 miles on your car you should NOT be using synthetic oil at this time. You should run conventional oil only for the first 15k or so to give everything time to wear in and seal. I would never use synthetic oil in a NEW engine. Switch back to conventional and see if this doesn't slow or stop comsumption

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you only have 5000 miles on your car you should NOT be using synthetic oil at this time. You should run conventional oil only for the first 15k or so to give everything time to wear in and seal. I would never use synthetic oil in a NEW engine. Switch back to conventional and see if this doesn't slow or stop comsumption
Flawed thinking at best.........

alot of new cars these day have synthetic oil from the factory.

·
Registered
125 Posts
this is why you don't snort the maf cleaner. ^

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I agree, I have used oil since the first oil change on my 2002 and now have 140k on the engine with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts