Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change the oil this weekend. Went to two auto stores and neither had a listing for an oil filter for the 5.7L. Does anyone know what filters may be available?:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to change the oil this weekend. Went to two auto stores and neither had a listing for an oil filter for the 5.7L. Does anyone know what filters may be available?:confused:
At this point, a Toyota only catridge filter. Evidently there was a huge backorder on them but some dealers had some in stock. Some of those dealers posted on this forum, try a search if you need to find them.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
At this point, a Toyota only catridge filter. Evidently there was a huge backorder on them but some dealers had some in stock. Some of those dealers posted on this forum, try a search if you need to find them.
this page see D3 oil filter post!! i called Toyota and they said around 5 bucks for filter kit!! this post shows good picture of filter! reminds me of a throw back 1963 GM canister filter assy, yall need to make sure you install them correctly or they will LEAK profusely!! and 7 quarts will be GONE on floor!! when the 06's first came out i had same problem no filters but Toyota will have them before anyone else i promise ya that!! i saw some kinda chrome covered canister on JC Whitney that was for the 07 Tundra filter used a set screw to hold it on?

·
Banned
888 Posts
WIX is already working on a Consumer friendly solution to the canister.
I sent them four of the stockers for testing,so Im looking forward to something in return real soon :D :D

Great folks at WIX :tu: :cool: :tu:

·
Registered
848 Posts
wonderies toyota in alhambra had them .. i ordered 2 of them today and i will have them tomorrow delivered to my shop ... longo also had them in stock but they must have the gold plated version because they wanted 2 bucks more then wonderies toyota for the same filter ($7) :td:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The filter element part number for the 5.7 is:04152-YZZA4

Don't let them give you a Camry element...it's too short!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is not a standard filter. it is a cartridge that so far I have only purchased at my local dealer. I suggest you do the same. OEM equipment. It comes complete with a required plastic insert to drain oil, o rings and instructions. Not your typical oil change. Must remove the skid plate to get access to
the cartridge.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Advance claims they do, below is their video, says they make the purolator oil filter for the 5.7
I have to go to my dealer for the 0W-20 oil anyway so I'll probably just stick with the Toyota filter element too (less than $6).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Make sure you pickup some oil pan drain plug gaskets while at the dealer. They don't come with the filter element kit, which is kind of odd.......

·
Registered
973 Posts
Make sure you pickup some oil pan drain plug gaskets while at the dealer. They don't come with the filter element kit, which is kind of odd.......
Just another way for them to make a couple more pennies!:rolleyes:

Apparently there is a Wix filter available, but I have yet to see it in a store. I still pay the 6.35 for the Toyota one from the local parts department.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just another way for them to make a couple more pennies!
I have been paying just a tad over $5.00 per filter...........and they throw in the drain plug gaskets for nothing!!!! Such a deal.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been paying just a tad over $5.00 per filter...........and they throw in the drain plug gaskets for nothing!!!! Such a deal.....
Ditto, and I just bought a box of them for some savings and to have them in house when I need them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts