Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing my first DIY oil change on the Tundra in a couple of weeks. Been doing them for 25 years on other vehicles. Up here in Canada I buy my oil filter wrenches at Canadian Tire and always use the carbon fiber ones. The unfortunate thing is that these wrenches are numbered 1 thru 6. I know I need a 65mm wrench but just want to know which of these numbered ones will work and if not where to get a 65 mm wrench in Canada. Dealer??

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I tried to get one from dealer and they wouldn't sell me one. I ended up buying one from ebay for about $7

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
its the standard toyota size.. i will get the part number when i go to work on weds...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just get a strap wrench and get rid of your pile of filter wrenches!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just get a strap wrench and get rid of your pile of filter wrenches!
My OCD prevents me from using anything that won't let me get a torque wrench on it for a specified setting.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have Carquest in Canada? P/N: STL 54930 on page two of this ad...
CARQUEST Tools & Equipment - 3 - 0003
$4.99. I bought two. I keep one in the truck so I can change oil while on trips. They fit great, do not slip, allow you to torque the cap and are dirt cheap.
That's great.:D We do have Carquest in Canada. Just looked on line and there are a couple of locations in town. Will make sure I go there and get that one to make sure it works.

Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts