1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
469 Posts
From past experience, the egr causes a lot of the nasty carbon deposits you see in the intake. Doesn't really harm anything but it doesn't look pretty. PCV could be causing the oil in the intake, clean or replace the valve.. If your engine was worn out and had a lot of blowby, you will get this also but I don't think that is your problem.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From past experience, the egr causes a lot of the nasty carbon deposits you see in the intake. Doesn't really harm anything but it doesn't look pretty. PCV could be causing the oil in the intake, clean or replace the valve.. If your engine was worn out and had a lot of blowby, you will get this also but I don't think that is your problem.
Hey thanks Baron,

I am going to get a replacement PCV today. I cleaned the PCV awhile back and inspected it a few days ago. Everything seemed to be good but since they are not that expensive I am just going to go ahead and replace it.

I do not think the engine is worn out either. A LOT of members PM'd me or posted stating that the oil I found is nothing to be alarmed about. Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts