Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 Sequoia Limited. Took it to a local shop on Thursday to have the oil changed for amsoil. My wife drove it Friday and yesterday. This morning (Sunday) I find that there is oil on the ground where the truck was parked. I followed the DIY instructions and get under the front of the truck.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/104260-diy-oil-change-w-pics-reset/

There's oil all over the skid plate, and as I remove the 3 bolts from the back of it and it drops slightly, more oil pours out. I got the skid plate off....without whacking myself in the head. There is a bolt located next to the black piece that holds the oil cartridge. This is where I'm leaking oil. I tried tightening it first. Start the engine and more oil leaks. I loosen the bolt enough to take it off and then tighten it again. Yes I did loose a decent amount of oil. Start the engine, and again I'm still leaking oil.

I will be calling my local shop tomorrow and taking the truck back in.
Any other suggestions? Anyone have this issue before?

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
That is the bolt that holds the oil pump cooler relief valve. I will speculate someone thought it may be a drain of some sort and popped it lose. If that is the source of the leak a new crush washer installed under the bolt head should seal it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts