Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone ones what is causing this leak it is coming out from around the black plastic piece that goes into the engine. thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
That looks like a cam angle or position sensor and yeah most likely just an O ring.

Just take it to the dealer and have it looked at if it bothers you, nobody can fix it for you by looking at a picture on the internet

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just wondering if anyone had any ideas. i know one can fix it by looking at a picture on the internet. just want some input on it if the dealer trys to pull my chain about it

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Mine used to leak also. Now it's bone dry!!:D Have not taken it to the dealer. This is the pic when it was leaking.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
it's a leaky o-ring on one of the VVTI actuator solenoids.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
its blinker fluid.

haha. jk.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
It's amazing that the seemingly most insignificant parts are some of the most expensive.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wait a sec...220 smackers for a o-ring???? WTF

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Wait a sec...220 smackers for a o-ring???? WTF
2 1/2 hrs labor ( including coffee breaks ) !!:boink:
Wait until you price a muffler bearing replacement!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
just noticed one of mine is leaking here... at 42k miles... why couldn't it have started a little earlier!? It is 'certified used' but I doubt the 7 year 100k warranty will cover this o-ring. I can do it myself, just a little PITA since I don't have a lot of spare time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the dealer told me that it was like 200.00 to fix it, good thing i had a warranty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts