Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it is normal for the oil pressure to be high when you start the tundra, and then have go back down to half mark. thanks

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I was just wondering if it is normal for the oil pressure to be high when you start the tundra, and then have go back down to half mark. thanks
Oil pressure usually increases as rpm goes up. At start up, if your engine idles faster, it would make sense that your oil pressure would go up. I think cold oil tends to have more pressure than hot as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
how high is "high"? RPM's are usually higher during warm-up, making the oil gauge reflect the increase in pressure. Mine raises a little, but i wouldn't call it high.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I've actually noticed some movement in my gauge with my 5.7.... not a ton, but it varies between "just-below-middle" to "about 5/8" .... while I'm driving, depending on the RPM's.

I never noticed the movement with my '07 4.7L

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Normal.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Cold oil will have higher psi. It will go down as it warms up. And, as stated is previous posts, psi increases as rpm increases.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is when you start the truck up it goes up to 3/4 then back down to 1/2 i haven't notice it while i was driving i have never owned a truck that has done that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts