Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need a bit of help. I just purchased my son a 1999 Tundra truck. I want to change the oil and I do not know the quantity with a filter change. The truck does not have an owner’s manual.

My T-100 just passed 202,000 miles and wanted to start the boy off right with a good truck

Thanks for any help.

·
Veteran Member
1,477 Posts
Hello,

I need a bit of help. I just purchased my son a 1999 Tundra truck. I want to change the oil and I do not know the quantity with a filter change. The truck does not have an owner’s manual.

My T-100 just passed 202,000 miles and wanted to start the boy off right with a good truck

Thanks for any help.
Even though the first Tundras were introduced in the spring of 1999, they were 2000 model year vehicles. The original owner manuals were in error regarding the correct amount of oil, and also the dipsticks were the wrong length. Mine would take 7 quarts or better to reach the full mark, but after changing out the dipstick and getting a "revision" sticker for my owner manual, I now use 6-1/2 US quarts. It will come almost to the full mark when the oil is warm, but not quite.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There were two engines available in the 2000 Tundra. For both, 5W30 is the preferred oil viscosity.

For the 3.4L V6, the listed capacity is 5.5 Qts.
For the 4.7L V8, the listed capacity is 6.4 Qts.

This info came from ALLDATA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts