Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading on this thread about several people have various creaking, and popping noises coming from the dash, windshiled, and windshiled valance area. So I took my truck to the dealership due to the noises, and they kept it 3 days, and installed the clips behind the dash. Well the truck still made the noises when I picked it up. So I said, Ok, i will fix this myself. The noises are very aggravating. So today, I went to wal-mart and got a huge roll of felt, then I went to Lowes and got the cualk backing. And I completely dissasembled my dash, I mean if it would come off, I took it off. This took me about an hour or so. So with the ash dissasembled anything that moved or made noises, or appeared to have the possibility of making noises got a zip tie or a wad of flet stuff in or around it. I solved the sinking dash problem for good with a piece of foam. And let me tell you I put a lot of felt in that dash, every nook and cranny. So after I felt satisfied with the job, I reasembled everything. Then I drove the truck, and it is still making the noise. I am lost. It is definately coming from the window area, and it is outside, for sure. So my question is are there any of you guys out there that have done it yourself or had it done, with the valance area. I beleive this is where the problem is. Just by looking at it from the outside, I dont see what would be making noises. Let me describe, when it is real cold, the sound is a creaking, like a constant plastic on plastic creak, and when it warms up, it turns into more of a popping sound, and it makes this sound every time you take off and stop. Just looking for some feedback. SOrry to ramble on.

Thanks
Chad

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Sorry to hear that you went through all that. I agree with jeffe1977 on this one. I had the same noise coming from my mirror too and it sounded like it's coming from the dash. I just rotated the mirror a few times while driving and there is a loose piece in the mirror itself on mine. I'll be taking it in on the next service.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I have been reading on this thread about several people have various creaking, and popping noises coming from the dash, windshiled, and windshiled valance area. So I took my truck to the dealership due to the noises, and they kept it 3 days, and installed the clips behind the dash. Well the truck still made the noises when I picked it up. So I said, Ok, i will fix this myself. The noises are very aggravating. So today, I went to wal-mart and got a huge roll of felt, then I went to Lowes and got the cualk backing. And I completely dissasembled my dash, I mean if it would come off, I took it off. This took me about an hour or so. So with the ash dissasembled anything that moved or made noises, or appeared to have the possibility of making noises got a zip tie or a wad of flet stuff in or around it. I solved the sinking dash problem for good with a piece of foam. And let me tell you I put a lot of felt in that dash, every nook and cranny. So after I felt satisfied with the job, I reasembled everything. Then I drove the truck, and it is still making the noise. I am lost. It is definately coming from the window area, and it is outside, for sure. So my question is are there any of you guys out there that have done it yourself or had it done, with the valance area. I beleive this is where the problem is. Just by looking at it from the outside, I dont see what would be making noises. Let me describe, when it is real cold, the sound is a creaking, like a constant plastic on plastic creak, and when it warms up, it turns into more of a popping sound, and it makes this sound every time you take off and stop. Just looking for some feedback. SOrry to ramble on.

Thanks
Chad
Maybe the window glass rubbing on the window seals. Next time before you drive, wet the glass and the insides of the seals. If wetting is not possible, put some baby powder on the glass and inside the seals. If the noise stops, then it's the glass. It may also be the weatherstripping. You can put silicone on those and put some on the painted area where they come in contact. If it's not that, it maybe the dash sides rubbing against the door. You can wet it or put powder and see if the noise stops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.