Toyota Tundra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Yep...I'm still here in Austin. Tundra is running great...just hit 60,000 miles this past week, and I'm still on the original battery! :p

What's with you 40-somethings complaining about being old??? I'm gonna be 55 in a couple of months, and I still feel like I'm in my 20's. :D

Congrats on the new great-grandson Buzzard!

Hope to catch up with ya'll at a meet one of these days.

~MS

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Old Fart - checkin' in

Howdy Gang!

Sorry I haven't been postin' my BS, gettin' a lot of that at work. :rolleyes:
Well the kid (HOTundra) went and bought her a place in Brazoria Texas that's right purty with a boat slip and a pier.

Needless to say, between work and her new weekend get away it's been keepin' me too busy to get into too much trouble. But some how I do find the time to wet a hook.;)

Kinda sorry 'bout not seeing the activity level like it use to be, but I'm still in touch with several of our old timers.:cool:

Oh yeah, I finally got me a dent on the driver's side of the bed.

Now...

I have an old truck that I do not wash that much.:D

Take Care All,
Dan ;)

BTW: A B I G congrats on the new great-grandson Buzz! :):tu:
Wild, I'm still on my original battery :eek: too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am still out and about..my truck got rear ended really bad and ran me into someone else a year ago. My racing quad was in the back of the truck and it ended up getting really messed up. The insurance is trying to screw me over and say my quad only has $2300 worth of damage (when its totalled and would cost over $10,000 to replace) and my truck only has $1900 worth of damage when it has a ruined tailgate and front and rear bumpers. This will be a fun court battle. The tailgate is now starting to rust and my truck looks like a total dump. Im less than 2,000 miles away from the 100,000 mile mark..looks like my truck wont be going to any truck meets anymore...It looks too hideous and runs like a pile of turd. When I get done with my second college degree it looks like I will have to buy a car because I will need a bit better gas mileage and a lot better brakes and better manueverability (will be making LOTS of drives into Houston)...sorry to say this but Im starting to look at the Charger. Toyota just doesnt have any good looking cars to me.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck getting them resolved. :tu:

My Tundra just went past the 100,000 mile mark about 2 weeks ago and she hasn't run any better! Man I love this truck! :D

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Old Fart - check in

Thought I would pop in to wish all the Texas Guys and Gals a Merry Christmas.

Y'all be good!

Well.....

NOT THAT GOOD!

LZGUY :devil:

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
My Tundra just went past the 100,000 mile mark about 2 weeks ago and she hasn't run any better! Man I love this truck! :D
Mine just went past 100K a week ago, too! She got new plugs and is purring as good as ever!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
HEY GUYS---Hows everybody doing. still have "FIDO" but dont drive him much since we went into our 3 childhood (motorcycle) Bought a new 06 Yamaha Royal star last December. We have almost 13,000 miles on her--and having a ball. Rebuilt my boat trailer last month --am going to do some fishing this spring ---for sure. My Great Grand Son "Aidan" was here yesterday. Hes 14 months old and is WIDE OPEN ALL THE TIME. Took him for a ride on the tractor and he wouldnt settle for a 10 minute ride---cold wind was blowing and he like to have froze old gg-Pa's b---- well ,you know. WHATS THIS ABOUT HOT TUNDRA IN BRAZORIA? Thats about 5 miles from old Buzzards house.
Give me a yell when your down --Im in the Brazoria phone book. ---Buzz

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
When I saw old timers, I figured I better look to see that y'all weren't talkin' about me.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Good to see some of you old timers still check in now and then. :tu:

Still have my '01 Tundra, over 115,000 miles on mine and it is still running like a champ. Although the check engine light has been on for more than 2 years now due to an o2 sensor and the gas gauge hasn't worked for about as long. :eek: I have 98,000 miles on my Michelin LTX tires and they will last even longer for sure. Sure hurts now days when I have to put gas in her. :eek:

Sure do miss the old days when the old group used to get together for meets. Those were the great TS days.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
old farts - check in

The old fart still here.:devil:

I've got about 105,000 miles on my truck now, real close to a brake job and my seat belt light stays on. I'm gonna go see my good friend at Tejas for that.

I've been lovin' the warmer weather and taking advantage to wet a hook with our nice spring days

Have y'all noticed that? Texas is actually having a 'Spring Season'. We usually go right into hot as hell.

I also see that the many postings that were made that explained our kinships of our regional forum have been deleted.:mad:

Oh well, off to my fishin' site.

LZGUY

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Good to hear from you Dan. I still have your phone numbers, im gonna give you a call one of these days.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: old farts - check in

The old fart still here.:devil:

I've got about 105,000 miles on my truck now, real close to a brake job and my seat belt light stays on. I'm gonna go see my good friend at Tejas for that.

I've been lovin' the warmer weather and taking advantage to wet a hook with our nice spring days

Have y'all noticed that? Texas is actually having a 'Spring Season'. We usually go right into hot as hell.

I also see that the many postings that were made that explained our kinships of our regional forum have been deleted.:mad:

Oh well, off to my fishin' site.

LZGUY
Dan ---where is your daughters place in Brazoria????----Buzz

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I'm still around...

Good to see that y'all are still around and enjoying your Tundras. Hope we can plan an "old timers" meet one of these days. :p

Life has been hectic lately. :juggle: I turn 56 tomorrow, am moving to South Austin in two weeks, and getting married in three weeks. My fiance and I have been busy for the past four months remodeling the house he bought for us.

Still have ol' Jade, and she's runnin' great. She just turned seven a couple of weeks ago, almost up to 69,000 miles, and still running on the original battery! I hate that it costs $85 for a tank of gas, tho.

What happened to the "lifetime memberships" we paid for several years ago? Did I miss something here? I now show as only a registered member.

~MS

PS... If it weren't for the hospitality of Dan, Kat, and the Texas Tundras at the 2002 Lone Star Bash, I never would have ended up in Texas ~OR~ met the man of my dreams! :ts:

FYI... For those of you who met me and Scott (my ex-boyfriend) when we came to San Antonio in '02, we remained friends after we broke up in '03. He's doing great, has met someone, and is "in love" too!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Hot as Hell

Spring? You call this mid-to-high 90 degree weather Spring? :D Maybe it is cooler in Bulschitzen than it is in Austin this time of year. :p

81 - 100 of 140 Posts