Toyota Tundra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks Hippo! Happy holiday's to you too! :) Just returned from a 6-day, 2,000 mile round trip up to Seattle, then over to Walla Walla, Wa, then home. Visited my cousins and an Aunt. Yesterday was a 13 hour, 700 mile jaunt home. Arrived 10 minutes before midnight. Happy to be back in my own bed to start the new year. :tu:
I am glad to see you made it home in one piece. I am familiar with Roseville as I have an old military buddy who lives there.

I did a similar solo road trip except I went across country to MD and as far south to MS and back to WA in 19 daye (7173 miles) -- but on a motorcycle.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
I am glad to see you made it home in one piece. I am familiar with Roseville as I have an old military buddy who lives there.

I did a similar solo road trip except I went across country to MD and as far south to MS and back to WA in 19 daye (7173 miles) -- but on a motorcycle.
Thanks! Small world, huh?

Wow! That is quite a motorcycle trip! Longest I did (not sure of the total mileage) was all nine states in the west EXCEPT for Nevada. I was on a 1981 Honda CX500 and my dad was on a 1979 Honda Hawk. We even hiked from the south rim to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Had to hitch-hike back, but that's another story! :p Then we continued on to Yellowstone, Walla Walla, WA and down through Crater Lake in Oregon. I think we were gone almost two weeks. I had just turned 18.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Haven't posted in a few years but have been lurking off and on. Life got a little busy but is settling down a bit.

I still have my 2000 which is approaching 170k on the odo but still runs decently.

Whole lot of changes to the forum resulting in ALL of my photos disappearing and I see that it's been reorg'ed, AGAIN. Oh well. Don't mean to be negative in my first post in 6 years.

Hope everyone's doing well.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Guess I'll do my annual old timer check-in. :D

Still trying to get my Tundra up to 77,000 miles. I don't drive much anymore now that I'm retired.

Nice to see some of the old gang checking in. Where's Possum and Kat?

~Sally :hippie:

Oh cool... a Jimi Hendrix smilie! :jimi:

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Re: old farts - check in

I'm still here. Sally I retired in November and it sure is nice not having to answer to anybody anymore. Joe and Dave it's been a while. A meet somewhere would be cool. For now I have an old dog (my buddy) that can't travel. He's on his last leg so as soon as he goes look out world here I come.:dog2:

Dan

Oh yea I got my eye on a 13/14 Shelby OH MY:car:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: UH OH....Idea!

Still Kicking and yes been years since I have logged on. Still driving my 2001 Tundra Limited White ext Tan leather Interior. Only 140k miles. My wife wants to trade it for a 2015 Camry:-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a real old,oldtimer. Bought my 2000 Tundra Limited 4WD new when i was 60 yrs old; u do the math.
My 3rd Toy truck and the best one. Had a little brake prob first yr but thanks to this forum/members heard i wasnt alone with this problem. That gave me the info i needed to get the corrective work done by dealer.
Have used Mobil 1 syn oil since new and put set of Michelin LTs on few miles ago; got good wear out of orig Goodyears. Had custom brush gaurd built od hvy steel, installed front hitch and a bed slide. Towed small Airstream trailer no problem. Front hitch helps me park in really tight spots.
Truck now has 56,000 original miles n am selling. Now doing cross country driving and wanted newer vehicle; bought a Yukon n hope i don't regret it.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Good to see this 9 year old thread is still going.
Still have my '01 Tundra almost 190,000 miles on it now. Still running strong and would trust it to drive anywhere. Going to get new shocks soon. I can not find any of the old Red/blue Bilsteins front shocks anymore, oh well.
Dave, Sally, Dan, EZ.... good to see you all still in here. I think we need to do at least a mini meet, lunch somewhere maybe. Talk about old times and catch up.
You all take care and stop in and say hello. :)

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Yep... I'm still around. Don't drive much anymore.

I received a settlement check today for $29.23 as an eligible class member of the unintended acceleration lawsuit. Anyone else get a check, and did you or are you going to cash it?

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Yes my check for same amount arrived in the mail today as well. I will probably cash mine......
Yep... I'm still around. Don't drive much anymore.

I received a settlement check today for $29.23 as an eligible class member of the unintended acceleration lawsuit. Anyone else get a check, and did you or are you going to cash it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Been a while since I was in here.... I decided to give up my 01 Sequoia and bought a 2014 Tundra.
I just thought I would chime in since its been so long.

·
Locked in for life
1,118 Posts
Still kicking around. Traded the 2000 Tundra in for an Audi to commute with in 2011, and bought a new Tundra in 2009. Sold the Audi, now am commuting in the 2009. Only 52k miles on it......

Oh wait this is a TEXAS thread. LOL

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
BUMP!!!

My 2003 is still getting mods and is almost at 218K miles. New meats, new LED's to replace the crappy KC slimlights, new LED dome lights and maplights, new roof paint job (thanks to some hail damage), a permanent 2m/70cm antenna mount, and fixing to get a new remote start alarm and stereo/gps. I use it mostly to go to and from the hunting lease, but I get to do some wheeling about every other year or two. Might have a chance in a month or two, and I'm pretty excited.

Be blessed, y'all!

·
Veteran Member
1,477 Posts
I just found (2) separate parts of this old thread. I see that Lon has been on the forum recently. Anyone have a link to current posts for this thread? Was there 20 year TS anniversary, and I missed it? I still have my Y2K SR5 Access Cab with 153K. - Bob

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Still here too! I pop in from time to time.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts