Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had both the older 4.7 with out the variable valve timing and the new v6 in a tundra? I am curious to see wich one has more power. I like having the v8 (I have one now) but the hp is about the same and the v6 comes with the 6speed manual which I like. I can't do with out the 4x4 though and I can't recall if the 6 is put in the 4x4 or not?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't get 4x4 with the v6....with that said, I have driven a 2002 4.7 and I own a '06 v6....they but seem like they may be as "fast" but you can't fell the torque. I do like the V6, but like the v8 better. I choose the v6 for the better mpg.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That confirms what I already thought. I do a lot of towing too so I guess I will stick with the 4.7, I sure like the 6 speed manual and the better mpg however.

·
Registered
264 Posts
well if it helps any, when i had my 04 AC 4x4 with the 4.7 my father had an 05 Tacoma DC with the 4.0 v6 and my brother and I lined them up and the v6 drove away from me like i was stopped :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
214 Posts
well if it helps any, when i had my 04 AC 4x4 with the 4.7 my father had an 05 Tacoma DC with the 4.0 v6 and my brother and I lined them up and the v6 drove away from me like i was stopped :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I bet your tundra still weighed a considerable amount more. And given the same relative horsepower figures, the lighter vehicle will win. Just hook the 2 bumper to bumper and see who wins then. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts