Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got the truck back this evening after a week long wait to get 'em installed.

The truck looks great, and it rides purrddyyy. Don't even feel rail road tracks until the rear suspension and it contains the weight of the brush guard real well.

The stock suspension is PANSY in comparison. Not nearly as thick and obviously not as tall. I will take some pics of that tomorrow if I get some battery.

Fivepointseven, no luck next to a taco (see above).

The guy measured it and said I was level all the way around. He said it was sitting around 40" tall front wheel wells. I dunno how accurate he was, but that means I gained around 3"+.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
WOW! Looking huge! Looks awesome man!!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I agree bout the new tires... maybe in 10K miles haha.

Until then, the 285/65/18s will work for me.

I love making everything in front of me look like a miata.

Btw, I highly recommend the OME as of now (of course, i have bout 15 miles on it), but it's been great so far.

I need to get my steering box recentered tomorrow, so I will ask them what they thought bout the quality of the parts going on and coming off.

-rockstate

·
Registered
45 Posts
My mom told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So, I'm saying nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Lose the ranch hand, stock wheels, and turn the white walls in. Just my .02
fyi they arent white walls. raised white letter sidewalls are totally different than white walls. :)

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And for what it's worth, I liked the Ranch Hand - why I bought it, I like the white letter sidewalls - which is why I turned 'em out, and I happen to not like aftermarket rims. While i like the TuRD rims better, the factory 18s will work.

Bigger tires will be a must, but for now, it looks good and sits ALMOST as tall as that Silverado in the aforementioned pic. I took a better pic of it tonight with a real camera so I'll have to upload it tomorrow with some fresh pics.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perception gives it that "nose high" look, but the ol' hand measure seems to say the back end is just a smidge taller than the front. I will get actual measurements tomorrow.

As far as the ride, it's MUCH more controlled, feels a bit stiffer but in a pleasing and much welcomed way. The downs are very, very soft and you can't feel 'em, btu on the rebound it's a bit stiffer. Sway is controlled, nosedive is controlled, and going over speed bumps it's only one bounce and that's it, not two or three.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Perception gives it that "nose high" look, but the ol' hand measure seems to say the back end is just a smidge taller than the front. I will get actual measurements tomorrow.

As far as the ride, it's MUCH more controlled, feels a bit stiffer but in a pleasing and much welcomed way. The downs are very, very soft and you can't feel 'em, btu on the rebound it's a bit stiffer. Sway is controlled, nosedive is controlled, and going over speed bumps it's only one bounce and that's it, not two or three.

-rockstate
rock, thats what i had too with my full 3 inch of lift in the nose...measuring fender lip to ground it was level but i dont measure it daily and see it with my naked eye daily is the reason i had to go ahead and do the blocks. my work 'puter is chosing to block your photo links (picky about personal storage sites) so ill check them out on my phone or my laptop at home...but i bet it looks good. i agree wit ya on the white letters...thats why mine are out too....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rock, thats what i had too with my full 3 inch of lift in the nose...measuring fender lip to ground it was level but i dont measure it daily and see it with my naked eye daily is the reason i had to go ahead and do the blocks. my work 'puter is chosing to block your photo links (picky about personal storage sites) so ill check them out on my phone or my laptop at home...but i bet it looks good. i agree wit ya on the white letters...thats why mine are out too....
Thanks man, I think it looks pretty good and gets away from the "work truck with a brush guard" look it had, especially wtih the stock tires.

I'll trade ya tires though :D

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Thanks man, I think it looks pretty good and gets away from the "work truck with a brush guard" look it had, especially wtih the stock tires.

I'll trade ya tires though :D

-rockstate
tell u what just buy my trds and 275/70s and i'll run get me what i really really want hahaha.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Rockstate, I love it....but I am partial to OME....you will still be happy with it 15,000 miles from now, as am I!

Going to have to write you a ticket for parking in that handicapped space....... :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts