Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a OME lift kit yourself? How easy is it? Do i need a strut compressor? If so what brand strut comp do you recommend at a affordable price?
Where did you buy your OME lift kit?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wheelers Off Road has fantastic prices. I considered installing it myself, but after pricing installation from my local 4x4 shop, who is an authorized OME dealer, I decided to have them do it. Installation was about 180.00 (not including alignment) and they matched Wheeler's price. This was for the front struts/springs only. I put 1" Toytec block in the back and love the stance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheelers Off Road has fantastic prices. I considered installing it myself, but after pricing installation from my local 4x4 shop, who is an authorized OME dealer, I decided to have them do it. Installation was about 180.00 (not including alignment) and they matched Wheeler's price. This was for the front struts/springs only. I put 1" Toytec block in the back and love the stance.
$180 is a great price. I got a quote for $550 today. I guess i will just do it myself.
I was considering the 1" block in the back myself. It work out a bit cheaper. You know if theres going to be any ride difference instead of putting in the OME spring leafs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've installed two 3" ToyTec Lifts in a D/C and a C/M. The C/M went much easier as I had some experience from the first one. The instructions were good from ToyTec and the parts were of excellent quality. I used spring compressors from Harbor Freight which scared the crap out of me. They flex alot as tension is applied. I was scared they would break at any time. I would strongly suggest using quality spring compressors. I used two compressors on each spring when I did my install just to equalize the tension between two instead of one taking all of the pressure. I didn't find this to be an easy job it took me pretty much the whole afternoon both times. A local tire shop, Les Schwab charged me $50.00 for the alignment when I was done. If you are mechanically inclined I would say go for it. I have twenty years mechanical experience working on jet fighters which came in very handy. Good luck

Steve W

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
usually u can rent the good quality ones from autozone or someplace like that...give them a call. for the spacer lifts that go on the top of the strut assembly, u dont need one and i can now say they are super easy to install. even i did mine hahha. im doing blocks in the back of mine to get the proper stance back though....the blocks came today and are laying in the front floor of my truck as i type. even though it measured exactly level it never really looked right since a truck sint supposed to sit exactly level...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bought mine $600 shipped for front spring/shocks and rear shocks and installed it with my brother's help. you will need a strut compressor and the installation difficulty would be depending on which spring you are getting (heavy or medium). if you are getting a winch bumper and a winch, you will want to go with heavy duty spring which could be very PITA to compress and get the whole strut in place.. I used a 1 ton pump compressor (borrowed from my friend) and was able to compress enough to put the whole strut assembly together and it actually came out to be a 4" lift (vs their 2.5" claim) so i am actually happy with the final results. Local 4X4 shop quoted me $275 just to do the compress. I went to NTB and bought a 5 yr alignment.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hey, check out my thread on the last page. It will give you all the details you need to know.

It's called "need customized lift opinions..."

I orderd mine from Toytec lifts as they had the cheapest. I got mine for $468 shipped, WITH diff drop. 3 day shipping.

Wildbill, how much overall lift you get from the front now that you've had it for some time? I didn't order a rear block because I figured the RH would let it down just a tad but at nearly 60 lbs difference per spring, I figure I'm good with zero sagging over stock.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Man, it almost looks like you got 3" from your lift... especially becasue you got a 1" block and you have a Cmax. ALmost makes me wonder how much I'll get in lift.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Thanks mate.

Yea i figured toytec was the cheapest. Thats where i will order it.
Thanks for the input.
No prpob. They should give you the $22 discount over the phone, especially if you ask. SHipping might save you a few bucks by ordering it over the phone. Either way, it's not gonna make or break the bank at this point.

Their ground shipping is 3 days all teh way from Co to AL so you shouldn't pay for 2 day or even the 3 day shipping.

Shipping weight for that (+diff drop) is 60.60 lbs.

-rockstate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts