Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share my experience with installing the OME springs.

I decided that I would install Rancho adjustable Quicklift struts on the front to get 2.25" lift and add the OME CS055R springs on back to get 2.5" lift. Thought I would add the D28XL extra leafs for additional load capacity. I already have Rancho adjustable shocks on the back.

The OME springs are notably heavier than stock, even without the extra leaf. Doing the job alone is no fun. But, I finally wedged the springs in place. Had to jack up the frame and lower the axle. Much to my surprise, I gained 4-1/4" lift in back. My truck looks like a ******* farm truck at the moment. See photo.

The ride is firm, not too harsh. Bed bounce is still present but to a lesser degree. There is no "boing" anymore. But it does seem like the truck is too high; there's not much rebound available with the truck lifted so much. I will likely remove the D28XLs to get the truck back down. I contacted ARB via email and they too said that 4-1/4" is too much. So, they'll probably be off within the week.

If you're looking for 4" in back, this is the combo for you.

Now to get the QuickLifts installed...

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3000lbs and still jacked up in back! Off to the gravel pit I go!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I don't know if it is just me, but I thought it would look much worse than it does... maybe a bigger lift up front would help resolve the issue?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you gonna do in the front?
I have Rancho QuickLifts waiting to go on. 4WheelParts is going to install them on Thurs. I started to install them last night myself, but chickened out and decided that I didn't want a spring to hit me in the face. Wasn't quite as easy as I thought it was going to be.

I don't know if it is just me, but I thought it would look much worse than it does... maybe a bigger lift up front would help resolve the issue?
Yeah, right now it's stock in front. It does look taller in person than in the pic. The rear wheelwell is at 44-3/4". The top of the rear bumper is 36" and the top of the tailgate is 62-1/2".

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, you could probably hit 3000 lbs in the back of that thing...

might as well break 'em in! haha

-rockstate
Took your advice. Literally. Added 3100#. :D The back end sank back to factory stock height, giving up the 4-1/4" of lift. Looking at the truck you would never know that it was carrying this much load.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive been trying to decide between these and the Deavers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to add the D28xl to my Dakar leaf packs with my topper roof top tent expedition one bumper i lost all my rake. I have the add a leaf now one end is curved up and one is flat. Which side is front and which side is the rear also where in the pack did you put them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts