Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang!
Its been a while since I have posted on TS.com, we missed the anniversary date of when Possum took the reins and started The Texas Tundras and the Texas Forum. Danny and I look back at those days with great memories, the kinship that were bonds not just because of our Tundras but of the great group of Texans onboard. We do hear from some of our dear friends at times. That clock just keeps on tickin' and tockin'.
Danny had an accident a couple of weeks ago. So, as they say a pictures says a thousand words.
After I resize these I'll add a few comments to them.....

Well actually, these are Possum's 2001 Tundra that was decked out and rolled one and a half times. Those last funny looking photos are the hood and I guess it over heated because even after the truck flipped the engine was running Danny said it must have been going at least 35 mph or more. The people that stopped to help, Danny said I think we should all get out of here because he didn't know if it was going to blow up!

Attachments

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ouch!

These are the OUCH pictures. For anyone that has a Tundra we were informed by the police officers and insurance agent said that this would have been a fatal accident and we were so lucky that Danny ended up with what cuts and bruises he got. There was a person that was driving sporadically in and out of traffic on 288, they cut right in front of Danny and if he would have taken the hit, the outcome would have been devastating. Thank God their were witnesses that stopped and rendered aid and stayed to give their report of the hit and run. Danny's 2001 Tundra had rolled and on to a second roll it stopped and the truck was upside down. Danny ended up in the back seat some how and the motor was still running, somehow he got out of that small back window.

Attachments

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Happy Ending

Once again, luck was on our side and the insurance paid right at $10,000 for Old Sandy. She was a good truck and Danny hated to see her leave. But....
Danny now has a 2010 Tundra TRD Double Cab with a bigger engine. This truck sits much higher (to me), I was use to the step bars but I think even I will need a running start to jump in the cab. Needless to say, the step bars will be in this week. And yes, he is buying all the parts that the 2001 Tundra had except the dual exhaust. Murphy misses the sound of his Tundra now, there are two other Tundras across the street that have that dual exhaust, so I'm having to tell him what is the right truck to get all excited about. Christine says the leveling that iforce=horses (Floyd) had engineered many moons ago and shared on TS.com will be done as well. So here are some pictures of the new 2010 Tundra and what Ol' Possum and HOTundra have been up to.

Remember what I use to tell all of you, "Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, it makes people wonder whatcha been up to".
Kat ;)

BTW that 1st pic of Possum is on pain pills. He is asleep and most likely will not see this post LOL! :clown:

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,559 Posts
WOW, shows you the last time I dropped in here.
Dan sorry to hear about your truck, but at least you were not hurt bad. Looks like it could have been MUCH worse for you. The new truck looks real nice.....and so do those reds. ;) Glad to hear your insurance gave you $10k for the old one. Im up to 135,000 miles on mine and shes still running great. :thumb:
Hope you and Kat are doing well. Take care.
Joe

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW, shows you the last time I dropped in here.
Dan sorry to hear about your truck, but at least you were not hurt bad. Looks like it could have been MUCH worse for you. The new truck looks real nice.....and so do those reds. ;) Glad to hear your insurance gave you $10k for the old one. Im up to 135,000 miles on mine and shes still running great. :thumb:
Hope you and Kat are doing well. Take care.
Joe
Hi Joe,

Well it looks as if you and I don't park here too much anymore. Danny said he received your email, he been playing on other websites when he has time. But he is staying pretty busy getting all the stuff he had on his 2001 Tundra onto the 2010 Tundra.

I do like the 2010 Tundra better because of the room. Of course Danny had to get the larger engine, he put his foot into it (once that I know of) and it pinned me to the seat. :mad2: I gave him an evil glare, he just laughed. :lol:

It's great to hear that your truck is holding up well. Christine's (HOTundra) is still on her second 2002 Tundra. Remember the unexplained pothole that bent the frame on her 2001? :noidea:We still never got a clear story on that one.:rolleyes:

I was looking at the activity timestamps of :grouphug:The Texas Tundra Gang and see many have also parted ways. :( I believe it was due to this not being a "Tundra" site anymore. If you by chance see EZ, Hoover, Sally or any of the others send them our well wishes. :love: And of course to Kay and Douglas. I'm sure if I saw Douglas I would be looking up to him as he has grown.

Here we are about to move into a New Year, we have many happy times from those roads we all traveled on but looking forward to what is around the bend.

Best of Wishes,
Kat, Possum & HOTundra :coola::tu:

· Premium Member
961 Posts
Wow...poor Dan and Sandy. I'm sure he misses her, but bet he is enjoying his new 'n' bigger Toy.

Ol' Jade is still running great...got 76,600 miles and just replaced the original factory battery after 8.5 years.

Good to see that you are still around too, Joe.

Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas and have a Great 2010!

Maybe we can plan an old timer's meet sometime down the road.

~MS

· Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Hey Sally, good to hear from you. Hope you have a great new year.
I agree an old timers get together would be great. :tu:
Dan we need to go fishing some time, maybe in the spring. ;)

· Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm not a Texan, but remember all you guys posting on here way back when. And glad I found that 2WD lift with 4WD springs, that's a thread you Texans had here.

Anyways, glad to see he walked away relatively unharmed. How did he end up in the back seat, was he wearing a seatbelt??

Gotta make you wonder though, that's a lot of trouble to go thru just to get a NEW TUNDRA. :D My '01 has 185k on it and I still get a kick out of driving it, so I can imagine he misses his old truck. But still, upgrading to a new Tundra must be nice.

Take it easy. /Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.