Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a common problem?

The middle bench 60% part goes down and then folds forward when pulling the handle, but the smaller, 40% side folds down, but it won't tumble forward.

It appears that the side closest to the door does release, but the side closer to the middle of the car is stuck in the secure position. I can feel the side closer to the door flex a bit indicating it's free of the latching system, but the middle side is definitely well secured.

I'm wondering if going in there with a screwdriver to try and free it up would work. I bought this from an old co-worker who rarely used the feature so I'm hoping it's just gunked up. I'm hoping that it's not something more severe.

Any ideas on where to investigate?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I was wondering the same thing while test driving the 07 I bought this weekend. The 60% side folds down then has a pull handle to tumble forward, but the 40% side operates differently for quick access to the third row. There is a little label in the door jamb explaining how it works. To fold and tumble the 40% seat, release the rear latch and in one swift motion, fold and tumble all it once. It will release.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing while test driving the 07 I bought this weekend. The 60% side folds down then has a pull handle to tumble forward, but the 40% side operates differently for quick access to the third row. There is a little label in the door jamb explaining how it works. To fold and tumble the 40% seat, release the rear latch and in one swift motion, fold and tumble all it once. It will release.
Thanks for the reply, I've had the car for several months and all it took was a good tug. There was some gunk in the latch system which I cleaned up and now it has no problem tumbling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts