Toyota Tundra Forums banner

9681 - 9700 of 9715 Posts

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
If someone offered to pay for my food and rent for the next 18 years, I'd do anything they ask of me.
But I complained every time I took the trash out while living at my parent's house.

Genus

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
If someone offered to pay for my food and rent for the next 18 years, I'd do anything they ask of me.
But I complained every time I took the trash out while living at my parent's house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parents provide everything a kid needs the first 18 years of life. Hopefully, they don't have a failure to launch !

Once the kids are on their own they wish someone would provide free room and board for 18 years ~ no questions asked ?

Fantastic !

·
Ford "Scorpion" whisperer...
14,233 Posts
A lot of 30 year old adolescents I know still live with their mum and dad, I think they haven't got the money to buy their own house. They are very expensive here in the Netherlands. I left home when I married Miriam, which is 31 years ago.

Understood...

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Funny, the same thing is happening here in the USA. Kids take a long time to go out on their own these days. Lucky for me it was lots easier to do 50 years ago and I had my brother as a room mate. By the time I was 30 YO I had bought my first home ~ the house I grew up in. My dad financed me and used the income to live on. Those were the days!
Some folks don't want to Rock & Roll these days ~ choosing instead to hang on to their mother's apron strings.

Motivation

9681 - 9700 of 9715 Posts