Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on...I know some of you guys do this; I've seen it. I've already managed to partially wear away the black covering on the chrome trim at the bottom of the window. It's like $30 to replace the piece.

Just wondering who else out there suffers from this habit and has the same problem with the window trim coming apart.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm 6'-2" and for me modern trucks are too tall to the window sill from the seat for me to be comfortable hanging my arm out

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
No problems since I bought this:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I do. The finish isn't rubbing off the trim piece yet, but the flap piece is torn in the middle. Never think to get a new one when I have time.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I do this too but my black piece was already peeling when I bought my truck and I already replaced it. Now that I have a son (2 weeks old) dads Tundra will be getting a lot more abuse some time in the not too distant future... LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
That road rest pad looks nice. The one bad thing on my gen2 is there just isn't enough room up there for my forearm. Anybody have one of these on a newer tundra ??

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
The Road Rest comes with extra foam that can be stuck inside of the actual gizmo, if needed. This allows it to fit different sill widths. For example, I had it on my Honda Pilot (very wide sill for elbow) and it fit just fine. When I initially put it on my Gen 1 Tundra (which has very little elbow sill space) it fell off. I added the extra foam and it sits fine now. I double check it from time to time .

The Road Rest is not designed to sit inside of your window fame, up against the glass. It sits in the rubber crevice of the rubber between the glass and the actual door.

There is another product out there that has a longer lip that actually sits down inside the window well, against the glass. It specifically says that it IS NOT for tinted windows (due to the gizmo location). This one looks like it would never fall off but it will scratch tint.

There is a better close-up off how it fits in my gallery.

All I can say is the thing is very comfortable. I drive back and forth to Tenn and it is great. Everyone that drives my truck, asks about it. :tu:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, nice find.
you & everyone should share these things when you come across them,
& especially find out there very useful. for some it's to late.
i usually don't put my arm up there, but i bought wood grain kit, that allowed me to place them anywhere.
sadly my best friend. just doesn't know how to place his arm down & rest it. so it ended up loosing it's 3m backing. so i took them off. they looked great & worked fine. but if you always moving your arm around, this too might end up falling off.
points...
gorilla

No problems since I bought this:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts