Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share this with my fellow offroaders, I found this site that has free topo maps for the world or even better, the U.S.:tu: It's pretty neat it shows 4wd trails, backroads, and majors hwy's.

Here's what I found works best:
-At the top left hand of the page under "My Map" it say "Basemap", click on that and find the icon that reads "USA Topo Maps". From there you can type in a gnarly location and go!:D Have fun...

Map - ArcGIS Online

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats cool shows a lots of trails and junk just looked at Pillsbury lake area could have used last week

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
That's pretty cool. I see more places I can drive!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've found a few more hidden roads around here also. Glad its helping!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
This makes the field by my house look so much bigger, and funner. I found a way into the monster field a few miles away. I always wondered how to get into there! I'm going to get into so much more trouble now! This knowledge may be dangerous!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your telling me, I've found alot of places here were there are not alot of places! Better then dirt turnoff's...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for the link! I'm going 4wheelin'/ fly fishing in the Mammoth Lakes area of california this weekend. TOPO maps will be used frequently.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I wish I knew how to post a screen shot, but I went to this field last weekend and found some fun dirt to drive on, and it's been hiding about a mile from my house all this time! I never would have found the entrance without this link. Thanks again Derek.

I passed this field so many times, and always was curious where to get in. I got in and celebrated with a little rock crawling to show you solid axle guys how its done proper. :D Then I enjoyed the view of some childish graffiti in a different field that's only a few blocks away. Nice way to spend Saturday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweeet!! Like the great master once wrote, "Dirt is great therapy"!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts